Monday 29 September 2008

Ink Jet Printer - ink jet printer, canon


The main attraction of this entry level printer is its small footprint. It's not as small (or costly) as a portable printer, but it doesn't take as much desk space as most other photo inkjet printers. It doesn't even have a paper tray to hold prints.



The photo quality is decent, but sometimes produces flat looking images like my portable PIXMA iP90v. You can't expect more from three-color plus black inkjet printers. It runs a tad noisy and, in my experience thus far, uses up colored ink too quickly. The print speed is satisfactory. Black and white text prints out nice as do non-continuous tone graphics.



If you're looking for a low-cost, frills-free photo printer that doesn't take too much space, the 2702 is a good choice. If you do buy it, make sure to get the extra large capacity ink cartridges when you need to order them.



btw, I've owned a number of Canon printers and am a big fan of them. If photo quality is your top priority, get a printer with more ink colors. They'll have more features too. Canon PIXMA iP2702 Inkjet Photo Printer (4103B002) with PP-201 Photo Paper

This is a good entry level printer if you plan to do more text printing than photos.

The ink containers are small and you won't get a lot of photo's printed out before you run out of ink. I would not buy this to print photos as there are better printers out there unless money is tight and you only print a few photos on a regular basis. This way it won't run out of ink and empty your wallet as this is where most of your money will go after a while.

So far, this printer works great. I set it up tonight and it was very easy. I've already printed out 5 photos and a dozen pages of text - all look great. The color on the photos is natural and crisp, much better than some of the other photo printers I've had. I don't know how long the ink that came with the printer will last so I've already purchased additional ink. Ink prices seem a little lower than other makes of printers I've had. I found high capacity ink cartridges for about $16 - $18. But I don't know how many pages I will be able to print from a "high capacity" cartridge compared to the regular ones.



Pros: Great price

Easy Set up

Easy to switch from computer paper to 4 x 6 photo paper

Good print quality



Cons: It's a little large at 10" x 17 1/2"

It is noisy and sometimes you think the rollers aren't going to catch the paper to feed it

There is no pull out to catch the printed paper so it falls to the floor if it's too close to the edge of the desk.



Even with the cons, I would purchase this again.



Update March 2011. This printer is still working great. I dropped my laptop on it and broke off the plastic paper guide - and it is still working great. Last night I spilled a 1/2 glass of water on it, and it's still working. (I need to move this printer from the floor) I've changed the ink cartridge once. I can't believe that an inexpensive printer like this is continuing to work so well.

Great printer especially for the price! Easy to hook up and comes with both a color and black ink cartridge so you are ready to print as long as you have a printer cable on hand. The fact that it doesn't have a paper tray doesn't bother me. I am glad you can easily close the top because I have a ferret that crawls over things and it is easy to keep her out it.

WE have these printers and are fairly happy with them. They print

a fairly nice photo and do text excellently. What we like more was

that this printer has a OPTION to print only Black without the use

of the Color Cartridge in case you are low or out of it (found in the

Maintenance section under "ink cartridges settings" ). And this

a good idea because this printer loves eating Color ink up quickly.



We printed 50 color pages under the "standard" level until it ran out

of Color ink (this was using the extra long life cartridge). Black seems

to last longer. Like most reviewers have said, this printer is small and

takes up little room and has no paper output tray. It is simple to install

and gives you the option to just install the driver and bypass all the

bloat ware.



Also, this printer is noisy, but has a option to operate under "quiet

mode". In addition, the printer has auto power (turn on auto and turn off

power if their is no activity after a chosen period of time.. (most

Canon models do). We have switched to Canon printers after having

the final straw with Epson's junk.



DJ Tyler (WJGroup)

I have a four of kids who print continuously for school, etc. My HP printer died follwing my refilling cartridges via huge bottle of ink. Bought this replacement Canon and it works great! A strong recommendation from me! It is a very basic printer and it doesn't take much space. Print quality is great and it is reasonably fast. I haven't tried printing high-quality photo like graphics. Mine is usually some assignment sheet for middle school. My recommendation is fully a five star printer except... I tried to refill the cartridge using the big bottle of ink and almost had a rerun o the HP printer disaster! It streaked and blotted etc. Frankly, I'm not blaming this on Canon or the printer, but IMHO, if I cannot refill these cartridges and avoid the exorbitant prices for ink/cartridges, then I've got a dead fish.



I think the printer/ink vendors have figured out how to prevent consumers from refilling their own cartridges. I broke down and bought two "extra capacity" rebuild cartridges for $17. That'll last almost two weeks :) BTW, the cartridge that comes with the printer is diminuative. So, on the great price, just add up the price of ink!

I replaced my Epson 720 printer with this one. I love it. It does everything I want with ease. Copied a picture off FB and printed out a photo in minutes with excellent results. I have some 3 ½ X 3 ½ inch heart shaped note cards that I can print on without any problems. I have had my printer for over three months and have printed a lot using it every day. I still have plenty of ink. Today I ordered genuine Canon replacement ink from Amazon just to have on hand, because I have recently done a large color printing project for a church retreat. Amazon price on the ink was the best I could find. I can't say enough about the ease of printing on paper of different sizes. My Epson 720 would not let me print on card stock, but the Canon does. - Great Price - Ink Jet Printer - Canon - Pixma'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information