Monday 29 September 2008

Toddler Play - boombox, portable cd players


Pro:

1. Tiny

2. Tiny

3. Cute

4. Decent radio reception even with very short antenna



Con:

1. Puny sound (but it's a tiny, inexpensive stereo...)

2. IT HUMS. In radio or CD mode, there is a moderate/low pitched hummming sound that comes through the music. Even when you're not playing a CD, there's the hum. I thought it was just me, since I'm very sensitive to hums, but my wife (who doesn't care) noticed it, too, without my pointing it out.



I MAY keep this boombox because it's cheap and cute, but the hum really does irritate me. COBY CX-CD241 Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio

This is perfect for casual non audio-phile indoor/outdoor use. I bought this to have some tunes outside while myself and a few other workmen are restoring a barn on my property. It is exactly what I needed. I wanted something I didn't mind getting a bit messed up (paint splatters, dings, etc). It's small, lightweight, inexpensive and very functional. The sound quality is decent (especially outdoors with other ambient noise) and though it definitely doesn't have some cooler features (shuffle, etc), it works great for what I wanted it for. I was worried after I read some of the reviews (after I purchased it) that it didn't come with a power cord, but mine did, so I was very happy I didn't have to go out and find one that fit, though I imagine that wouldn't have been that difficult at Radio Shack or some other type of store. All around, I'd say it's a 4 stars for what it is. If you're expecting amazing indoor sound, I'd rate it lower, but it's obviously for pool-side or kids room style use. And if you rate it on what it's meant to be used for, it's decent.

I just needed a small cd player for my baby's bedroom. This product bis just perfect if you don't need or want anything too sophisticated. It definitely does the job really well. I'm very pleased with it

It's little, it's portable, and it's cheap...exactly what we needed. No, the sound it not spectacular, but we weren't looking for audiophile quality. My wife wanted a way to take her music with her around the house and even into the backyard, but she didn't want to use an mp3 player with headphones because she may not be able to hear our little daughter. This little player was perfect. It's tiny, lightweight, and round and verges on being cute. And when it's not roaming the house it sits on the bathroom counter and provides shower tunes. And if it dies in a few months, it was cheap enough to replace without much remorse...

We purchased 6 of these for our elementary school classrooms. The trigger that pushes down the sensor that tells the unit when the CD lid is closed seems to be microns too short, and you have to slam down the lid to make this sensor actually sense. Sometimes it will think the lid opens while playing a CD, which is a nuisance. If you need it for the radio, this should do the trick, but if you want to play CD's, you could probably find something better.

The buttons does not work after a month or so. The sound is very tinny... but that's what you get for a small cd player. However, the buttons not working is really bad thing--you cannot use the play button properly--have to press it several times and then maybe it works.



Do not buy it... - Portable Cd Player - Portable Cd Players - Boombox - Cd Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information