Tuesday 30 September 2008

Over-the-head Headphones - skull candy, headphones


So i ordered these headphones after my first set of headphones broke. i was a little unsure because the ratings on the other Skullcandy headphones were pretty bad. They took about five days to get to my house and I LOVE THEM. The sound is great, and the entire set is made very well. The only problem is that the part that goes over your ear feels a bit hollow because the pads and the circle with the Skullcandy logo is removable, so if you drop it at a weird angle there is a chance that the outside could crack. They come with a stereo adapter, a nice carrying bag, and there is a bottle opener concealed in a sipper pocket on the headband. The headband is great and fits perfectly due to its flexibility, and you can adjust the sides. The headphones can swivel and flip and they only have one cord so it doesn't get all tangled up. Overall these are great headphones with good sound and i would recommend buying them, especially at this low price! Skullcandy G.I. Stereo Headphones S6GICZ-003 (Black)

(written by Shim's daughter, Samantha)



I will say, these headphones go for 70$ on the Skullcandy website. This alone ingratiates me to the price of 40$ a bit, but this is besides the point.



The sound quality is fine, it's clear, and as long as you're not used to sound canceling headphones, I don't really think there's anything to complain about. I appreciate being able to adjust the angle of the headphones so that they fit better to my head. It's also nice for when (I don't know if I'm the only one who likes doing this) you shift the headset sideways, so you can still listen with one ear and listen to your surroundings with your other ear. (>_>)



They're really sturdy. /Really Sturdy/ leading into my next point.



The headphones are a little hard on the temples. I'm somewhat headache prone myself, so I was pretty concerned when I put them on for the first time. HOWEVER. These headphones are not delicate by a long shot, and I was stubborn. (I'm one who is dramatically against not using the things other people have been so kind to give me) I 'stretched' the headband out. This would entail gripping the sections of the headband right above the ear pieces, and pulling outwards, just enough so that ear pieces, rather than being curved inwards, are perpendicular to the floor. You can hold it this way for a little while, and then try them on again. It might take a couple of tries, but it really does work.



Anyways. The design is nice, there are also skull designs on the insides of the ear pieces too. ...and there's a bottle opener hidden in a small pocket in the headband, by the way.

I own many headphones, ranging from the cheap iPod earbuds to the super expensive Beats Pro headphones. I got these because I had an amazon gift card and i just wanted to try them out. The retail price is 70 dollars on skullcandy's website but i got these for just 40. These headphones are great for the price. They're really comfy, and have pretty good sound quality. In fact, i think these are much better then my Beats Solo because they're much cheaper and they're much more durable. This specific model of G.I's didn't come with a cord extender so if you want a set of GIs with cord extenders, i suggest you get the rasta version. Overall, these were amazing headphones for the price. Go skullcandy!!

Well, I bought this headphones a while back. This headphones have a decent sound and a very cool design (and I think that's why people buy them).



At the begging I had to adjusted them every 20 minutes cause they caused me a deep headache, I did it until I figured out that I had adjust them in the four level line on each side to stop the headache.



Caution: When I opened the box I noticed a white line in right side where you adjust the cups (right above the second level line on the right cup). I thought that was some kind of plastic color or something, but then it started to crack right there in that white line, so take this in consideration.



Overall this headphones do the job, but I think Skullcandy can make them better (sound and making) as they make them fashion.

These headphones arrived today and they are fantastic. The description matches the quality to a tee, and the discount from Amazon compared to the SkullCandy website is a definite bonus. They arrived on schedule, and the tracking information was kept up to date.

i was a little nervous when i dedcided to by these headphones becasue of some of the negetive comments, but let me assure you i am very happy that i decided to by them. even though they might not have the sound of a $300 set of head phones, for $50 you couldn't as for more. the bass is good and overall sound quailty is satisfactory. i would recomend this product to anybody

These headphones are fantastic. You can't beat this price. The headphones are multi-funtional and all promises given about this product are true. Our 14 year old son is not easy on audio equipment and such, but these have even stood up to his abuse. - Gi - Skull Candy - Headphones - Over-the-head Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information