Friday 26 September 2008

Good Value For The Money - great value, laptop case


I ordered this carrying case for my 17" laptop, and I am delighted with the storage capacity and quality. There is plenty of laptop room with a couple of inches of width to spare, and there's an adjustable padded strap inside to keep it from sliding side to side in the excess area. There is also a velcro strap to hold the laptop firmly in place when it and the case are closed. As others noted, I can zip open the case and use the laptop without taking it out, a feature I was particulary looking for. The case is well padded, and has plenty of pockets that add storage but not bulk. There's not enough space for anything thick like textbooks, but flat notebooks, folders, or small books would easily fit. One of the pockets has loops and pockets to hold pencils, calculators, business cards, and other small items. The bag has a handle and a detachable shoulder strap. This is a great case and the price was far below what I expected to pay for anything like it. Case Logic VNC-17 17-inch Value Slimline Laptop Case (Black)

We just use the case for storage at home and for short local trips, but we love it! With an adjustable velcro strap inside, we can safely and securely fit our large HP notebook. Plus there is enough room for the plug! The front pockets are helpful, too. Great for holding the wireless mouse. I would feel totally secure taking this laptop case on a longer trip. If you are wanting to combine your laptop case with a briefcase, this isn't the bag for you. While there is adequate storage for a personal user or a digital scrapbooker (like me!) there isn't enough room for tons of paper.

Pros: Well made.

Lots of pockets for storage.

Holds my 17" wide screen laptop.

Shoulder strap.

Price.



Cons: A little more padding on the bottom would be nice.

They should have added a dedicated cell phone pocket.

I recently purchased my first laptop, which has a 16 inch screen. I looked in a few stores for a case for it, but most of their cases were for laptops with a 15.4 inch screen. I did not want to spend a whole lot of money for the case since I will mostly need the case for storage at home, but I did not want to just buy a "sleeve" since I know I will be traveling with the laptop occasionally. I wanted to make sure my laptop is well protected but not spend a huge amount of money. I decided to purchase the Case Logic VNC-17 17-inch Value Slimline Laptop Case (Black) and I am thrilled with my purchase!



My laptop easily fits into the case. There is one strap that goes over the one end of the laptop. My husband felt that there should have been two straps, but I pointed out that there is a divider that can be adjusted in the case so that it fits snug against the other end of the laptop to ensure that the laptop doesn't slide around in the case. On the other side of the divider, I was able to easily fit the cords and charger.



There is a pocket on the lid inside the case where I put the mousepad, but you could easily store papers or other flat objects. On the outside of the case, there is a large zippered compartment on the front with places where you can store disks, 2 loops for storing pens, a pouch net where I stored the mouse, as well as another pocket for small papers or any other accessory you may have for your laptop. On the outside of this large zippered compartment, there is a smaller zippered pocket where you could store papers. On the back of the case, there is another pocket where you could store papers. There is PLENTY of room for storing everything you need for your laptop!



There are 2 ways in which to carry this case. You can either use the handle or the shoulder strap. The shoulder strap has a pad that can easily be adjusted so that it fits right on top of your shoulder, which helps alleviate pressure from the weight of the case when your computer and all the accessories are stored in it.



Just one added plus: the company was EXTREMELY prompt with shipping this product! I chose to go with the free shipping, so I expected it to take about a week to receive my case (it said 5-9 days). I ordered the case on a Wednesday evening and was shocked when I received it on Friday morning...less than 48 hours after I ordered it! I don't think you'll be disappointed at all if you purchase this case!

Pros:

1. Light weight



Cons:

1. Poorly made:

- Within 24 hours of use, the zipper broke (the part that you pull on came off from the zipper track). I hammered the loose part onto the zipper myself to fix it (it was quicker than returning it).

- Strap broke within about 3 weeks of use. The strap is attached by plastic hooks with a relatively thin wire clip securing the strap hook onto the bag handles (SEE THE PICTURES). The wire bent, came out of its holes and no longer secures the strap hook in place, leading to me dropping my laptop a few times, whenever the strap hook unhinges itself.

- The zipper handle broke again, leading to me loosing the part after about 4 weeks of use.



2. I personally do not like the fact that the main laptop compartment opens up completely, 180 degrees rather than from the top only. This was especially aggravating when the zipper broke and everything inside could fall out. - Great Value - Laptop Case - 17 Inch Laptop Case - Good Value For The Money'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information