Sunday 28 September 2008

Irritable Bowel Syndrome


I've tried tons of supposed "cures" before - Zelnorm never worked for me, and neither have over-the-counter medication. Special teas and other foods just made me even sicker, and I finding meals every night that wouldn't leave me in pain was quite the chore. Align was a last-ditch effort for me, and I am absolutely floored by it. Within a couple of days of taking it, I noticed a difference, and a week later, I'd never felt better since I was a teenager. With the exception of chocolate (alas!), all of my previous trigger foods no longer affect me. If I were a religious person, I'd almost want to call this a miracle. If you have IBS or other digestive conditions, and your doctor does NOT seem to really take you seriously (mine kept attributing my condition to anxiety, when anyone who knows me knows that I am extremely laid-back and stress-free), then you should definitely try Align.

I am 26 and have been dealing with IBS-D since I was 18. I have seen many different doctors & tried many different approaches to help in reducing my symptoms. As there is no real cure for IBS, I obviously hadn't had much luck with many of these approaches such as antispasmodics, increased fiber, etc. My only quick fix relief would come from taking Immodium. As many IBS sufferers experience, it has significantly altered my quality of life over the years from avoiding certain social functions to even avoiding food altogether. The hardest part was having to watch other people, such as my boyfriend, also constantly having to deal with "my stomach issues" as a result of needing to flee from different places once an episode set in. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when an episode would occur...sometimes just thinking about having to eat while outside the comfort of my home would bring one on. Yet, certain foods such as coffee, dairy, and alcohol would almost always trigger an episode. As a teacher, I'm not able to use the bathroom whenever needed, so I tried Align after reading the positive reviews here. (I did try Digestive Advantage first, but with little success.) I am currently on week four & I am feeling better then I have ever felt before. I started having one, normal BM a day within four days of taking align & the urgency to constantly have to go within seconds of eating has subsided. I have progressively been getting better with each day-with only some bloating the first several days. In the past 4 weeks, I only had one flare up & many of my trigger foods have caused me no trouble. I know that IBS is some how affected by our body's response to our nervous system, so it can not necessarily "cure" that mental aspect of IBS..you'll need to build confidence in the product and what it does. I would absolutely tell you to try this product if you are an IBS-D sufferer. It just may work in reducing your symptoms and giving you back a better quality of life like it has done for me. I wouldn't normally go out of my way to write something like this...but I feel it is important for people to see this because I know just how debilitating IBS can be for many.

I purchase this product for my 86 year old Mother who was hospitalized with chronic diarrhea and this product has certainly helped her. I recommend it highly. I would like to see the price drop some but it is an excellent product for anyone with digestive/bowel problems.

I have been taking this product for two months on the recommendation of my doctor. I have been having major gastrointestinal problems over the past year and a half and I have tried every diet, medication and procedure you can think of to try and diagnose and eliminate the problem. Align is sort of a last ditch effort. Oddly enough, I feel better overall (more energy, less anxiety over my symptoms, etc.) but the actual gastrointestinal upsets haven't gone away, although they may have lessened in severity. I'm going to give Align one more month and then go off it to see if my improvements are due to the probiotics or something else.

For anyone who's either taking Align or considering it, you may want to check out Dr. Eamonn Quigley's new booklet, Probiotics and Digestive Health. There's entire Chapter( Chapter 5) which discusses Bifantis in detail and also provides excellent studies and research on it.



In addition, there's a complete Q&A section in the back of the book on Bifantis.



After trying many Probiotics, Align has helped my IBS symptoms considerable. I would highly recommend taking it.

i have been using this product for one month now and could not be happier with the results. for years, i have experienced daily anxiety when i would go out shopping or out to eat with friends because my stomach was unpredictable. now i go out and i don't even think about it. what a blessing! if you are reading this because you have stomach issues, give it a try and i truly hope you have the same results.

I was very surprised that Amazon had this. I would not have thought I could find it here but Align's web site listed all the people who had it, so I compared prices. Amazon was the cheapest then, I don't know if they will continue. I could have had free shipping too but I didn't order soon enough and needed to continue taking it without a gap. This product has been extremely helpful to me. I have had IBS symptoms for quite some time in my life. And recently I had some major medical problems with my stomach. 11,000 $ plus of fancy testing and we are all left scratching our heads. I was given several align trial packs by a doctor to see if it would make a difference. I started them over spring break so that any side effects (the gas you read about) would not make me miss classes. I'm glad I did because I was so tired that first week. I had a lot of gas and because my body was so weak anyways, I just slept a lot. But I noticed the gas was different!! There were lots of little bubbles as opposed to large pressures building with sudden release. I have now been taking align for several months and have continued to see consistent improvement. There were a couple instantaneous changes like the gas, but you really have to stick with this product. I have more energy now as well. +++ I have only had one time of IBS like symptoms in the last couple months!! My patience paid off. For the price, this is soooo worth it. To be complete, I should say that I also started working out on average 4.5 days a week (when I started I could only do about 6 min on an elliptical), and I take pepcid. I have a lot of nasal allergies and the pepcid I think helps my gut not react... besides being an anti-acid it is an antihistamine. I also take vit D. So, that is my complete set up. I was doing everything except the Align, for a month before starting it with a little improvement. I feel like my improvement approximately tripled when I started taking align. I will not cease taking it unless there is a crazy good reason.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable Bowel Syndrome