Tuesday 30 September 2008

Thunderbolt Screen Protector - thunderbolt screen protector


I just finished installing my Steinheil screen protector on my Thunderbolt. It went smoothly and the kit comes with everything you need including a squeegee card and little stickers you can use to remove any dust from the side of the protector that faces the phone. I got mine on with absolutely no bubbles!



This screen protector does feel great to the touch and totally eliminates glare and fingerprints.



The downside is that it DOES reduce the brightness and the clarity of the screen. It's hard to describe but everything seems a little grainy. If you look at a white screen for example, you can see very clearly the subtle effect the protector has across the whole screen. Brightness is reduced - I had to turn mine up from 15% to 20% for indoor use but it's not bad.



All in all I think I can get used to the negatives mentioned above because the positives outweigh them.



If you like a slick, bright screen that looks exactly like the screen without a protector, this is not the product for you. Better to go with something like the Seidio screen protector for Thunderbolt. It's a fingerprint magnet but doesn't reduce screen brightness or cause anything to look grainy. SGP HTC Thunderbolt Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Fine]

This screen protector works great. does what it says and it is anti-glare as well as resistant to fingerprints. you can use your phone and not have to wipe off the smudges and prints because there isnt a single one.

This screen protector is great. The Thunderbolt's screen is a fingerprint magnet and is so reflective it's hard to read the screen. With this screen protector fingerprints are a non-issue and the screen is much easier to read. The screen also feels much better to the touch - this screen protector makes it much easier to use the touch screen.



The installation is easy and doesn't need any glue etc that some other screen protectors require - it just slides right on and can be easily removed with no residue.

Ok I didnt know this was a two pack. I thought I was only purchasing one. Good thing it was too because (I never applied one of these before)I screwed the first one up by letting dust cling to the adhesive side. Very important to do this is a very clean and dust free area. (if you have access to a clean room, use it) Dust in the air clings to the adhesive side quite easily and you wont notice it until it's already applied on your phone and you have a bubble on the screen. That's where I screwed. Tried applying it while sitting in front of the TV sitting on the sofa. Some lint or dust got under it along with a hair and I had to scrap the first one. Second one worked out pretty good though. It does add a different texture to your screen but does not take away from the functionality of the touchscreen at all. Picture is still crisp and the touchscreen is still just as responsive.

Definitely worth spending $15.00 to protect my $500 interplanetary telecommunication device.

4 stars only because it is pretty difficult to keep it dust free while applying.

I've owned this product for about a week now. The screen protector is pretty durable and it does resist fingerprints very well. The only reason I gave it 3-stars is because it does deteriorate the screen clarity quite a bit. The screen becomes a little fuzzy/grainy. I've gotten used to it at this point but I may be looking for another screen protector within the next few months.

I tried a couple different screen protectors for my thunderbolt and was not happy with them. The ones from Best Buy required you to spray the protector with a liquid. I wasn't going to put that anywhere near my brand new thunderbolt. The ones from the verizon were okay but they seemed to get scratched easily and they don't cover the home, menu, search buttons below the screen. I also had some bubbles I couldn't get rid of.



With the SGP, it fits perfectly. At first I thought it was a little short but it turns out the bottom of the thundebolt's screen is beveled so it actually fits just right. I was very careful during installation and have no bubbles at all on the screen. The matte finish does a good job of resisting fingerprints. Even at the end of the day when it gets dust and smudges on it, I just wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth and it looks brand new. No scratches at all!

I got this screen protector about a month ago. It's price is a bit high but if you can get it installed well, it's great. 2 came to a pack. I got the first one installed pretty easily but within a few weeks at most, the protector started to peel off of the sides. I've never had this happen with a screen protector before. I couldn't get the lint off with the provided dust removal stickers, so in the trash it went. I cleaned the screen well, made sure my hands were clean and went to install the 2nd protector and it was a difficult experience. I must've had beginner's luck the first time. I followed the instructions explicitly, but lint kept getting on the adhesive side as I was slowly peeling the protective backing off to install the protector. I used the provided dust remove sticker, but couldn't get it all off, so now I've got a screen protector that cost over $15 for 2, that I wish looked better than it did. I do not mind the reduction in brightness at all, because I don't see any glare or reflection on the screen. What I do mind is how long it took me to install the protector, but still getting lint on it that wouldn't come off, thus not being able to remove all the bubbles from the screen protector because the lint wouldn't come off. I really wish this weren't the case because otherwise, I like the screen protector. No fingerprints! No glare! But a pain to install and a high price to go with it. - Thunderbolt Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information