Saturday 27 September 2008

Exercise Mat - gaiam, yoga


After you receive this, open it up, and lay it out flat on a deck, patio, or grass outside on a sunny day. That will eliminate the "new" smell from it after about an hour. Then, it's absolutely perfect. I don't find it to be too thin at all. It's easy to roll up and carry. If it were thicker, it would be cumbersome and awkward to roll and carry. It's a very bright pink, and I received a lot of compliments on it the first time I brought it to Yoga class. I think it's just right! Gaiam Printed Yoga Mat (Dragon Fly)

This particular mat did not mention how thick it is. It gives the dimensions of it rolled up, I guess, which is probably some indication, but it made no sense to me at the time of purchase. I am disappointed at how thin the mat is. I have not yet taken it out of its wrapping, but will probably not return it because with shipping charges it is barely worth it. I have been doing yoga for many years and am retiring a mat I have had for five or six years. It is pretty thick and I can't imagine this one will be satisfactory. I can't recommend it. I will update this review after I use it, if I use it.

I get a lot of complements on the design. Color is pretty much as pictured. A very bright pink. It's not as thick as some other mats, but it's good for the price. I've been using it for about four months now and no issues.

I attend yoga classes occasionally and I'm not super great at it, but this mat meets my needs. I love the color and print. It is also a great length for me (I'm a 5'5" average weight female). My hands slide a little on it but its not a big problem.

Very pretty to look at. This mat was indeed very thin. Since I was going to be using it over carpet it wasn't bad at all. But I would not have wanted to have used it on hardwood flooring, titles, etc. However, I found out quickly I couldn't do Yoga with my bad back so I couldn't see keeping the mat. So it was returned.

I bought this yoga mat because I was tired of the same old boring blue one I'd had for years. I love that to see its pretty design every time I roll it for yoga class. It is a little thinner than I had hoped for, but it still works fine. The first couple of times I used it, my feet slipped as the surface was a little slick, but now it is fine. I also purchased the matching bag, and I love them both.

This yoga mat is pretty much perfect! I wish it would have mentioned how thick it was, but that's okay. I LOVE the design & color!

Its not too sticky, so i was slipping just a little bit while i was using it. Its pretty awesome tho! =P

-Hails. - Exercise Mat - Design - Gaiam - Yoga'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • exercise mat
  • ,
  • yoga
  • ,
  • design
  • ,
  • gaiam