Tuesday 30 September 2008

Great Deal - great price, great deal


I own two winches for my snow plow, on my 4 wheeler. The winches work so well,and are very dependible. The only problem I had was the switch works erratic after a couple years of use. Took the switch apart cleaned up the burnt contacts and the winch worked like new. The winch is worth the money I payed for It. Champion Power Equipment 12002 2000-lb Power Winch Kit

For the price I guess I got what I paid for , First this winch is built for ATV use. The battery cable is all of 5 feet long.

The remote is made to mount on handle bars and you cant remove the Mounting hardware if you aren't going to use it on an ATV.

Also the remote cable is very short 5 feet or less, so no getting out of the way of a snapped cable with out addin some wire to it.

When I went to put the clevis on and I put it in free wheel to pull some cable out the whole spool unraveled , what a mess , I guess I never expected steel cable to unwind like a spring. with no manual handle I now have to hook this up to something heavy and drag it back so I can rewind the spool.

But like I said for the money and free shipping probably a good deal.

The installation of this winch was easy. I wished it would have been made in USA. It is a light duty winch. It will be on a 4 wheeler and not a tractor or truck, so it will probably work fine. I liked the remote leads and buttons for operation. The leads were long and the controls mounted easily to the handle bars. The cable is prewrapped with tension, so the first time you free wheel the winch to use the cable will act like a Rod and Reel spool full of line unravelling.

I bought this winch to pull a 900-lb waverunner out of the water. The winch pulled it a few inches out then stalled. I then added a block to reduce the effective weight to 450-lbs. It would run for 2 seconds then stall. I sent it back and ordered a superwinch from costco.com that works great. Also not to happy that I only got a partial refund after spending hours trying to make the Champion work. Realistically it would pull about 250 lbs. If that is all you need to do, then perhaps it will work for you.

I replaced the manual wench on my pop up camper and it works great. Saves me a lot of effort when setting up camp.

Installation was easy I wired the hand held controller through a four pole trailer connector and keep it inside the camper when not in use. The wench is connected to the house battery on the camper.

Other units made for this purpose were over 200$ this was a vary reasonable alternative. The only difference I see is the dedicated units have shut off points when the roof is fully raised. You have to be careful to be sure to stop the wench when the roof is fully raised.

I bought this winch to replace the winch on my homeowner snowplow, knowing it was not going to mount correctly, because the winch that came with my plow was a real piece of junk. it turns out a couple of new holes in mounting plate is all it needed to attach securely. this unit worked for better than the one that came with my plow. it's smoother, much quieter, and was less than half the price. I've only had the chance to use it a few times, but so far, it's been great. smooth, quiet, and strong enough to hold the plow up without slipping. we'll seen in a couple more years. - Great Price - Winches - Winch - Great Deal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information