Sunday 28 September 2008

Cordless Circular Saw - 18v, cordless circular saw


Where has this puppy been all my life?!



I already had two 18v batteries so I didn't need the whole kit, so this worked out perfectly.



I bought the brads from the local hardware so I could inspect them - I'm buying this to make my life easier and collecting a bunch of brads that came apart in shipping is not my idea of easier.



This thing... man I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner. I had it in my head that this was just a novelty/nice to have item but I can do fine without it for the cost. Was I wrong. I can't express how much easier and faster this is, and leaves a much smaller hole. I've used it on trim (baseboard, casing, etc.) and even to face nail some HARD, thick flooring that I had to replace. Punches through with no problem and you don't have to worry about having room to swing a hammer, or use a countersink, splitting, etc. Hold it up, POP, done.



• Adjustable force

• Lights area when nose is pressed

• Nose has protective rubber piece so as not to mar surface

• As stated, nose piece easily pops apart to fix jams

• Decent balance to it once battery is on

• Easy to load/unload brads

• Basically what I've come to expect from DeWALT



I haven't tried the sequential firing setting yet so I can't comment on it.



What I can say is hold on to this thing, otherwise the brads won't sink properly. In fact, if the nailing surface or the nail gun are not secure when firing the nail won't penetrate properly (may be less of an issue with soft wood). Do some testing before hand to get a good feel for it and to get the depth set right, especially if you're doing something like flooring where you really want it right the first shot. I assume this is the same for any brad nailer, but this is my first so just throwin' it out there for anyone else in the same situation. Bare-Tool DEWALT DC608B 18-Volt Cordless 2-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer (Tool Only, No Battery) - Cordless Circular Saw - 18 Volt - Cordless Nailer - 18v'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information