Monday 29 September 2008

Hdmi Cable - hdmi, hdmi to dvi


I used this adapter to connect a MacBookPro to a 1080p Sony Bravia TV. I actually connect to the TV through a Pioneer receiver and it worked fine right away. I need to route audio separately but that has nothing to do with this product. The product appears to be well-built and fit the Apple DVI adapter snugly. Tripp Lite P130-000 HDMI to DVI Gold Adapter - HDMI-F to DVI M

I bought this because I purchased a new Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop. It has an HDMI connector instead of a DVI. My monitor does not have an HDMI connector. The adapter is a tight fit on my Dell 2007WFP monitor, but it works. I've had no problem with it after finally getting it seated on the connector. The monitor has a speaker bar installed and that is the cause of the tight fit.

Functionally, this item works great. But unfortunately, the PC monitor I wanted to use this for did not have enough room by the DVI port to fit the adapter. If you're considering this, make sure your monitor has plenty of room by the DVI port. If you're short on room, get one of the 6' HDMI male to DVI male adapters instead.

The adapter works fine, and the device is well built. This adapter is used to link up my PC computer to my HD TV, with the use of a HDMI-to-HDMI cable. I often utilize this setup to share my viewing with the whole family, where everyone can sit comfortably in front of the big screen TV (vs just seeing movies on my computer, by myself). The video card is a GeForce 8800 GTX (DVI), and the HD TV is 1080i. Although the two native display-resolutions do not match(video card=1680x1050, TV=1080i), the image displayed on the HD TV looks sharp and does not appear distorted.

Not much to say about this adapter. It does it's job and is quite affordable compared to what you'll find at a big box store. My only complaint is that the thumb screws on the DVI side are small and hard to manipulate to secure the adapter to a monitor or TV. - Adapter - 1080p - Hdmi To Dvi - Hdmi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information