Monday 29 September 2008

Space Saving - space saving, cooking


There's not much to say about a colander... This one is fine, just what I expected. It takes up almost no space when folded, and that was my main reason for buying it.



Two things to be aware of- the holes towards the bottom of the colander sides are somewhat large and the bottom where the two sides hinge together has intentional spaces. These holes and spaces would not allow you to rinse rice or lentils in the colander, but anything bigger would be fine. Also, it's easier to empty a round colander because you can drag a spoon around the edges but you can't really do that with this one. As Seen On TV Flat Fold Colander

I have used this now several times for large and small loads, from pasta to lettuce and it works very nicely. There are plenty of holes for drainage, it sits easily in the sink or on the counter and it gives you a spout to pour from (versus a round colander). It won't store standing up in my cabinets tho, I guess they are too small but it stores easily in the drawer under the stove or in my pan cabinet, which is a pull out drawer.

The folding colander is exactly what I wanted. It is small enough to put away in a small space AND it opens up to hold as much pasta and/or salad as I need. Once again I have found an answer to living in smaller places.

I was tired of storing and clearing large, bowl-shaped colanders, and ordered this item after seeing it on TV. The item does an excellent job of separating boiled items from hot water, and most importantly is easy to clean and store. I'm quite happy with this purchase!

This was perfect for me, I can put it in the dishwasher partially folded so it takes up very little space. It also stands a little higher on its legs in the sink than my previous colander. Which is great because the garbage disposal protective rubber flaps dont always let the water drain as fast as I pour it through for pasta with a regular colander. It is pretty much your regular colander except that you can make it stand higher and take up less space in your cupboard...perfect for me...I bought two.

Not bad- a little bit cheaply made but it's not like colanders need to be super tough. My only complaint is that although they fold flat, they are still extremely large when folded so definitely read the dimensions prior to ordering. I'd have preferred them about half this size but these will work. - Space Saver - Cooking - Space Saving - Colander'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information