Sunday 28 September 2008

Motorcycle Battery Charger - batterytender charger battery, battery charger


Every time I want to fire up my old 71 Datsun (that's Nissan for those of you younger than 30) 240 Z there's a good chance that the battery has drained down and that I can't start it! Looking around at car forums I read about this nifty little gadget....It's like a battery trickle charger....sort of. Whereas it's not recommended to keep a trickle charger hooked up all the time, this one has circuitry to limit the current and sense when the battery needs charging. It only charges at 1.25 amps which is easier on the battery.



I've had it on for a month now and it's great. The first couple of days, the red light was on indicating charging. Since then it's been on green and the car starts right up. I live in Houston where the heat and humidity can be just as brutal on batteries as the cold.



I highly recommend this "tender" for those that have cars that stay unused for long periods.



As other reviews have mentioned it comes with a set of adapters that allow you to permanently attach pigtails to the battery posts and then you can quickly connect the tender without having to use the alligator clips (also included).



For the price and free shipping you can't go wrong!



UPDATE after two years of use.

I can now reconfirm that these battery tenders work great - I've had them hooked up continuously on two cars that stay in the garage a lot and I've NEVER had them not start right up. A quick glance at the LED display lets me know that the batteries are either charging or fully charged. It's a real pleasure to be able to go right up and enjoy your wheels without having to worry about whether the battery is dead. I can't say for sure, but I suspect that it lengthens the life of the battery as well. Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger

This little gizmo is dynamite.



I have a 4 year old Accord that, due to circumstance, only has about 4400 miles. Rarely driven...and what driving is done is mostly at night.



Sat for a week once in very cold weather...dead battery.



Ordered this. Hooked it up. 100% charge and the battery is very powerful once again.( had thought I would probably need a new one).



It's very small size makes it extremely easy to use and store. And it will not overcharge, so you do not have to babysit the process.



It's LEDs glow red when charging. Green and red blink once 80% has been achieved. Solid green at 100%.



It did, in very cold weather, take a long time to establish a full charge on my almost completely discharged battery. The battery would have been usable in a few hours, but 100% took close to 18.



Highly recommended.

I have an older version of this charger that I bought in the mid 90's. I used it to maintain my garaged Mustang's battery over the winter months for many years. I made a cigarette lighter adapter so all I needed to do was to plug it in instead of using the alligator clips. I have to say this thing is dead reliable! It always kept my battery in prime condition. I love it and recommend it highly.

I use this to maintain a strong battery charge on a vehicle that rarely gets driven over the winter. I opted to use the quick connector leads so I didn't have to worry about propping the hood up to clear the red and black clamps on the battery terminals.

This unit is a workhorse for the money. I use it on my Corvette in the winter and in the summer I have my snowblower attached to the battery tender. This product is compact in size and simple to use. It came with different adapters that enabled use with different battery charging requirements.



I recently gifted a unit to my father in-law who leaves 2 cars in Florida year round.



A must have for anyone who has a vechicle or seasonal piece of equipment.

For ease of use, The Deltran Battery Tender is an excellent way to charge and maintain the battery on your motorcycle, snowmobile, or even a heavy- duty vibrator, not that I would know anything about that! The kit includes a BMW type plug for machines so equipped, and an SAE adaptor with alligator clips. You can also wire the SAE adaptor right to your bike's battery and have easy access to the plug- in. The battery is maintained in a peak state of charge, with no worries of over charging. - Battery Charger - Batterytender Charger Battery - Car Battery Charger - Motorcycle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information