Friday 26 March 2010

Accessories - case, protective


Just as a brief rant: People, please only write a review and rate the product if you HAVE the product and have used the product. Whether or not it was shipped on time or whatever has NOTHING to do with the product. If someone sent you the WRONG product, that should not effect your rating of THIS product. Save that for rating the seller. If I hadn't seen so many bad reviews on Amazon for this product, I probably would have ordered it online and saved a bit of money. [Expletive]. Anyway...



Pros:



-Doesn't add much bulk. In fact I think it adds just enough to make it more comfortable in your hands.

-protects the ports very well, while still allowing access to them.

-screen protector is a very nice addition.

-And the rubber bulges on the side actual make the buttons easier to feel. I like that a lot, actually. Before I was always stumbling about for the right buttons.



Cons:



-Doesn't have a clip for a belt.

-Could use a few rubber dots on the back to keep it from sliding when placed on its back.



Now, it's a very nice case. I've seen things on here about the top part not staying on very well. Not true. It stays on quite well. Takes a bit of force to get it off, in fact. Don't know about whether it will fit into a dock. Guy in Verizon said it wouldn't. I'm thinking of getting a dock for my Droid, in which case will probably just have to take off the back portion (which isn't much trouble). And I haven't dropped it yet, but the phone seems very secure and the case seems very durable. I will probably shop around for a good belt pouch that will fit it and I'll be all set. Oh, and I cannot comment on whether it will accommodate an extended battery. Hope this helps. Don't let so many negative reviews on here prevent you from getting this. :/ Otterbox Motorola DROID 2 Commuter Series Case

I really like this case. I'm not sure why one of the other reviewers has such trouble with fit, but I would suggest he should contact the company about it -- they seem to stand behind their products. I had a Verizon rubber case (the only case available when I bought my Droid), and the thing did its job too well -- there was so much friction because of the rubber that I couldn't put it in a pocket, or slide it into a purse area, etc. It was too sticky. But I still wanted that rubber cushioning, just not the sticky aspect. So this gives me both; it has the rubber energy-absorbing layer, but it's covered with a hard shell, so it slides easily into pockets and smaller spaces. Note that it won't go in the Motorola docking bay or the car GPS clip-thingy -- the case makes it too big for that, so you are trading against that, but I just couldn't go with NO protection for such an expensive phone! I did find a hip case for it (couldn't do that with the Verizon cover) at Target, and at home, I store it on a Clingo Universal Mobile Podium. The case fits the phone well, and was easy to put on, and relatively easy to take off when I need to do a hard reset ;-) . O, also the screen protector that comes with it is WONDERFUL. I had a Verizon version of that, and it made rainbow colors and wasn't easy to slide your finger over. Otterbox's is incredibly smooth and clear. I think you'll be happy with it.

I have tried the cheap $2 cases and they broke after I removed the phone. I don't have any of the problems mentioned in the negative reviews. Honestly, I feel like these negative reviews are making things up. Don't let the negative reviews discourage you from getting the case! The front piece feels securely fastened and the back piece is also really well fastened. There is no movement of the phone inside the back piece because it is too large. Also making use of a rubber piece for the back piece is genius because it adds another level of protection. In general the phone feels secure in case it falls. The case does not add any more bulk than the cheap cases I have used in the past. The keyboard comes out rather smoothly and no friction was encountered. The only issue I notice is that 1/4 of the green led notification is covered by the front piece. However, I fixed the problem by taking a razer and cutting the the small plastic obstructing the view. Really that was not necessary but it was a small annoyance.

The case does cost a good amount more than the $5 swap meet cases and it's worth the price. I've bought my share of cases for this phone from the swap meet products to the Verizon brand cases. Otterbox is by far the best.



The phones a slider which makes creating a case for it difficult. Most cases for the Droid 2 have 2 small hooks that break off very easily the Otterbox has three. Sure not a huge deal but to be fair there really isn't alot they can work with. It's a slider phone and it's pretty much the best they can do.



The front plate does pop off when it's dropped once in awhile but maybe 1 in 10. The case is well built, has a solid feel and has a rubber ring between each halves of the case to keep dust out, even has rubber plugs built into the case to protect the headphone jack and USB port. The rubber ring has a great feel and doesn't hinder the use of the lock or volume buttons at all.



Case doesn't add alot of bulk to the phone at all. For those of you with the extended battery you're going to have an issue but there's an easy solution. If you try and put the back plate of this case over the back plate of the extended battery it's not going to work. That extra millimeter it sticks up is going to prevent the case from latching on. So just take off the battery back plate, put on the Otterbox case back plate(since it will act as a battery back plate) and you're golden.



Great case, worth the money. Would definitely buy Otterbox again. - Otterbox - Protective - Motorola - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information