Friday 26 March 2010

Greatest Thing Ever - organizer, five star flex hybrid notebinder


I have purchased one of these notebooks every semester since I started college, and I am about to star my fourth year! I love these! The 5 subject notebooks are perfect if you are taking four or five classes and don't want to haul four or five notebooks across campus. Each subject divider has three pockets in it, absolutely perfect for holding all your important papers. I use one of the compartments for homework sheets, upcoming project rubrics, and anything else I need to do soon, etc. I use the compartment on the other side of the divider to hold returned tests and the class syllabus. Then I have plenty of pages of regular notebook paper to take all my notes on and keep together. I have also found it's very convenient to have things for every class with you, so when you get extra time in the day and need to study or work on another assignment for a different class, it's all there when you need it!

I'm very hard on notebooks and I have never had an issue with pages ripping, the spiraling coming undone, the dividers coming out or anything else that typically happens with other notebooks. Great product! My only problem is that I am having trouble finding this exact notebook in stores, and this is why I am purchasing online today. Five Star Advance Notebook, 5-Subject, 200-Count, College Ruled, Blue (72323)

This notebook has been great to use in grad school for my 5 subjects. It prevents me from leaving behind the wrong notebook for the day's classes like I occasionally did before, and is convenient because everything I need to reference is in one place. It is well built, seems very durable, and is a manageable size. The thick plastic cover and tabs make it very durable and I can see it easily lasting a full semester of college or whole year for a high school student. The tab dividers for subjects make organization easy and I love the built-in pockets for each subject that allow for storage of handouts etc. I'll be buying another one for next semester and wish I had used this for my first semester rather than having multiple different notebooks that I easily loose track of.



The notebook is wider by about an inch than my single subject notebooks which I like because it gives more space for note taking and diagrams. It is fairly thick if size is a concern (I'd guess 1.5 inches) but it is a 5 subject notebook after all. The ring binding is covered with fabric so it doesn't snag on your bag and there is a convenient pen loop on the front. The pages are perforated for easy tearing which is a plus.

This is my favorite notebook I'm a college senior and this is the notebook I swear by. It allows me to keep all of my classwork and notes in one spot. It holds up all semester and I love the holder for a pen. Overall great purchase and a lot cheaper than buying it from a bookstore.

But someone out there found a way. My notebook has one section with ALL OF THE PAGES BOUND UPSIDE DOWN. As well as having only TWO pages between one of the sets of dividers (and I don't have any classes that will be that light in notes, regrettably). I would go elsewhere for this product, shame on you, seller.

This is a great notebook. I use it for drawings of all the jobs I estimate. One of them usually lasts me about a year, so that is alot of abuse and this handles it perfectly. I sure hope they don't stop making them!

my kids only like this brand. The other brands are cheap and fall apart. Their favorite part of this one is the individual folders for each subject. They are just the right size for their school papers to fit into.

A lot of people think that if you want to be a good writer, you need to buy a Moleskine notebook. This is not true!



Many great works were written between the pages of good-old five star - The Great Gatsby, The US Declaration of Independence, Hamlet just to name a few.



I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about buying a notebook online, after all there's nothing quite like that new textbook smell to start off a new semester - am I right? However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Amazon's perfect packaging allowed it to retain its pleasant fragrance.



Little known fact, "Five Star" is the highest rating the Micronesian royalty can bestow upon a good, and Mead has certainly done a lot to earn and retain this rating over the years.

The company says it is Five Stars, but I have come to notice that over my lasting time with this single-spiral notebook (3 years, six months, and 13 days), that there has become a depleting space issue. I have encountered this with all of the Five Star notebooks; resulting in a maximum limit to only three or even two subjects. I have counted and I have counted again, and there still remains to be two-hundred and 2 pages to this notebook. I have also found that the lack of versatility in this notebook restricts various uses for these sheets of paper (E.G. grocery list, paper airplanes, cootie catchers, etc.). I am only in class to take notes for two semesters; what am I suppose to do with this paper weight for the Summer and other breaks? I would have given this very limited product zero stars, but Five Star fears anything less than five stars. I would not recommend it to anyone who is serious about paper or enjoys paper, not just by taking notes.



*Buyer beware: this notebook is not governed by ANY university or college board. Always make sure it is not a misleading product.*



-Look for Six Stars,

Kyle. - Organizer - Five Star - Five Star Flex Hybrid Notebinder - Binders'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information