Monday 29 March 2010

Cd Radio Player - boombox, cd radio player


This is a very nice cd player for the price (I paid $24.99 from Amazon). I got it for my husband so he could listen to his CDs while he was working in the garage or outside or while he was doing his exercises. It works very well, the sound is rich and full for a little, inexpensive player and doesn't sound tinny at all. It is easy to use and is not big and bulky - very portable. Since it was so inexpensive, it doesn't even matter if he manages to scratch it up or drop a tool on it or something.



Also, it is a nice shape - not like those strangely shaped round cd players that look like bug's heads and the speakers look like bug's eyes!



As an added benefit, it has a port to plug in your MP3 player so you can listen to music or audio books you have on your MP3 player as well.



Also, it comes with a remote control which I didn't see mentioned in the description at Amazon. All in all, a nice cd player at a very nice price! It was so nice, I ordered one for myself as well! GPX Portable CD Player with AM/FM Radio, Line in for MP3 Devices and Remote Control (Black)

We bought this for our daughter's 4th birthday. She LOVES it. She has her own radio, and uses it nightly to fall asleep to music. We've burned a variety of CD's for her, and she thinks she's sooooo cool picking out her own music and taking the radio with her to different rooms in the house to play music. The sound quality is acceptable - to be expected - we didn't buy this with audiophile interests in mind. It's inexpensive, VERY simple to use, and the battery life is good. Our daughter had the CD functions figured out after about three days with no instruction from us. The styling is pretty nice - kind of simple and clean. It doesn't look like some transformer-toy looking boom-box, and takes up very little counter space. Great for listening to CD's at low-volume levels (office environments). The tuner is OK.

I bought this to listen to audio books in bed, and for this purpose it is just right. I'm hard of hearing, so the quality must be a little better than reasonably good or I can't understand what is being said. The sound quality is perfectly adequate for a spoken word recording. I don't know how it is for music.



There are no frills for the CD player, which is another plus for my purpose. It's easy for me to turn off without having to turn on a light or even sit up. I can just reach over to press the play/stop button, which I can distinguish by touch, and turn off the power using the switch on the side (also easy to distinguish by touch).



It looks pretty decent on the headboard shelf too. I'm pleased to have found what I need for such a low price.

I ordered this player to use with my MP3 player while I am on my computer. I don't use headphones because I want to be able to hear other things happening around me. My only disappointment is the remote control. It only controls the CD functions - prog, repeat, play/pause, skip, and stop. Everything else has to be done on the unit itself. Overall, this is a great player for the money. I am very happy with this purchase.

The first unit I received was defective. If anyone has a problem with buying on line, Amazon.com makes the buying and return process easy and fool proof. I returned the unit with no cost to me for shipping and ordered a new GPX CD, AM/FM player/radio. This GPX unit works to my complete satisfaction.

This item has been ok. Easy enough to use. The CD player plays for awhile then starts to skip or gets hung up on me repeatedly regardless of which CD I am playing. This has been a hassle. I like the slim design.

First, I want to note that this is a super CD player for the price as far as sound quality and design(we put it in a kitchen with black and white kitchen with stainless steel accents). But there is one MAJOR problem if you don't plan to use batteries - the cord falls out of the back of the player very easily. If you want to scoot or move it even a tiny bit on a counter or table, the cord is going to fall out. Count on it. If you use batteries, you get around this problem but who wants to be limited to ONLY batteries? If you run out of batteries and are somewhere with electricity, it is nice to have a player that has a reliable cord. I rated everything high on this one except the ease of use because that cord issue is so annoying.



Also, the remote control is VERY tiny and could be easily lost. We keep ours in a nearby drawer.



Now for the PROS:



1. I haven't found a player that has the same sound quality for the price.



2. It looks very sleek and has a nice, clean look. It could fit in both modern and retro designed rooms. I can't quite picture it with country decor, though.



3. It is light and portable. But either have battery backup or put it somewhere you aren't likely to move it.



4. It can connect to other devices but we haven't tested this out yet so I can't give any feedback about that.



5. Nice features include the ability to skip tracks or keep a song repeating.



6. Equally solid radio station reception, whether AM or FM.



Final analysis? I am basically happy with this CD player and absolutely love the way it complements our kitchen decor. The CDs fit easily into the player. If you can put up with the small remote and annoying cord issue, this could be a best buy! - Boombox - Gift Idea - Cd Player - Cd Radio Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information