Sunday 28 March 2010

Boston Warehouse - cute, boston warehouse


But I bought it, and I'm glad I did. It is not cheaply made, the 'beak' is rubberized so it is a nice feel in the hand. A decent weight also makes it feel you are getting a quality product. All that aside, it is even cuter in person. Bright color, nicely made, will make a great gift if you can part with it!

I was soooo bummed that it broke. It was the cutest can opener I ever owned. I want to buy another one just so I can use it. It has a wonderfully comfortable handle. But after a few uses, it refused to cut the can. The wheel was too close to the other part and it wouldn't let me loosen it. I bought the tupperware one this time as we have gone through 3 openers since November. They are all made so cheap these days. Where is the quality control???



I am adding to this review after I bought a second one. This one has not broken and I am so glad I bought a new one because its so cute!

I've bought this can opener 2 times. The first one I had lasted less than a year. Thought I did something wrong and broke it. It just wouldn't turn anymore and I couldn't loosen it. So, I bought another one, thinking must be me. The second one has done the same thing. I'm so disappointed. I love this line and have many pieces. I just can't figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions, please post. Otherwise, I'll just have to use my very plain, very boring can opener.

This can opener works just fine, and is comfortable to hold (though maybe a tiny bit bulky.) It's worth it because it's cute! I've had it for almost a year now, and it's going strong with no signs of breaking!

Yeah, it is cute. I really can't argue with that. But it broke in less than a month. It just doesn't want to work anymore. Worst money spent, and now it's going to the land-fill because it is unusable- that's the sad part. I'm going to look for an all metal safety can opener, so when it eventually breaks it can at least be recycled as scrap metal. My aunt had this cool one by Rikon, unfortunately it doesn't seem to come in all metal. In the meantime I'll be shopping around.

I bought this as a stocking stuffer since it's so cute. The orange part of the beak/handles is a rubbery soft grip. Not clear in the photo is that there are also spots of the orange rubber on the crank, which is nicely shaped to take your thumb and finger. The nice thing is that it turns out to be a really good can opener. The long handles give plenty of leverage for that initial puncture, and it cranks around the can more smoothly than any opener I've ever used before. Very nicely done. It is a bit more bulky than other openers, so if drawer space is at a premium, you might reconsider. On the other hand, its design is so appealing--why not leave it out on the counter! - Boston Warehouse - Cute - Can Opener - Tropical - Animal House'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information