Tuesday 30 March 2010

Dishwasher Detergent - green, dish detergent


They say this is safe for the environment. I say this is probably true, given how safe it is for the bits of the environment that are stuck to my plates. You can also easily overflow your dishwasher with suds if you use too much. I experimented with various amounts and couldn't find an amount that equated to getting my dishes clean, though I did find some amounts that equated to getting suds on my floor. Earth Friendly Products Wave Auto Dish Gel High Performance, Lavender, 40 Ounces (Pack of 8)

This stuff is great for the environment and it smells great. BUT...even though I rinse my dishes before I put them in the dishwasher, this stuff just doesn't do the job getting them clean. My glasses are all cloudy. Overall, I want to do my part for the environment but I REALLY want clean dishes too. I have to get through this case and then I'll be looking for something that works better.

Because of the majority of the reviews published, I have been thru 2 bottles of this product now, which I bought at my local CoOp, and I have to say I like. It works well for me. My dishes are clean, no film (though I do use Ecover rinse aid). I do pre-rinse my dishes, but I don't, by any means, scrub them prior to putting them in the dishwasher. I have never over-flowed the washer with suds. I like the lavender smell that fills my kitchen and lingers, mildly, on my dishes for a brief period of time. I live in the SW part of the Country so maybe the hard water has something to do with the quality of cleanliness different people get from this product. If you can find it locally pick up a bottle and give it a try before buying a whole case. But for me, I really like it!

Unfortunately, this product just doesn't work. We pre-rinse plates, we've tried adding more or less detergent, and nothing seems to help. Our dishes are always streaked with a cloudy white film, and our glasses are all cloudy. Our utensils are rarely clean, and are always spotted. I've thoroughly checked our dishwasher to make sure there are no clogs and to ensure diry water wasn't re-circulating.



I don't like the scent of lavender in dish cleaning liquid anyway, I prefer lemon or citrus, but I purchased this hoping it would be an environmentally helpful product.



Sadly, it just doesn't do the job. I am now stuck with 5 bottles that I am not quite sure how to use - maybe they'll help cleaning the tub.

I've tried many MANY eco friendly products and this one by far is the best. Not sure why there are bad reviews but all my dishes get very clean. I always pre-rinse my dishes because its better for the washer so it may be because I don't put dish in with "food glue" on them :D

I read several of the other reviews that were displeased because this product did not work well for them in removing food particles, etc; i.e., getting their dishes clean. I understand how this could be a fact. Our household is the type that rinses dishes really well before placing in the dishwasher so we don't have this issue. Compared to other non-toxic liquid dishwashing soaps we've used this is equally as good, if not better. If you're concerned about the environment and willing to give your dishes a good rinse this should work well for you.

Just spent $60 on a repair call to figure out why my dishwasher is not cleaning my dishes anymore. Coffee stains on my cups, food on plates and silverware, film on glasses... Dishwasher is fine. When I asked if it was at all possible that the problem was the new dishwashing gel, the repairman mentioned exactly what other reviewers have said, that this gel was not good, created ineffective suds and was prone to suds overflowing. He recommended the Cascade balls which are also recommended by Consumer Reports. http://www.amazon.com/Cascade-Complete-Phosphate-48-Count-Container/dp/B002SB95ZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288293195&sr=8-1

Without a doubt the most ineffective dishwasher detergnt I've ever used. I have a very good Bosch dishwasher and had no problems getting my dishes clean until I used this product. Every knife and cooking utensil has to be rewashed, regardless of how dirty it was to start with. Even butter knives are left with a scummy film. I don't see how this can be good for the environment if everything needs to be washed twice. Unfortunately, I bought it at Costco so I have to use up several bottles before I can go back to my old brand. Don't waste your money.

We're not grease-loving people, so maybe we're not the best testers, but we've gone through several bottles of this and are dishes and glasses are clean with no residue. I don't know why so many others are having a problem. I would give it five stars, but I've noticed a difference in consistency between bottles--it should be a gel, but we had a bottle that was more fluid. Also, the fragrance has not been consistent between bottles. Cleans like a champ, though. We do rinse our dishes before loading but just a quick rinse--no scrubbing.

Eco-Friendly Wave Auto Dish Gel High Performance, Lavender, is the best liquid form of dishwasher detergent for automatic dishwasher in today's market.

It works well and gives you the comfort that you are not ingesting harmful chemicals and also protects the environment. - Green - Eco-friendly - Dish Detergent - Environmentally Friendly'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information