Wednesday 31 March 2010

Universal Laptop Ac Adapter - chargers, universal laptop ac adapter


I wrote a review the day it arrived, but now I'm revising it. PLEASE READ!



It arrived on time, and it worked great, but IT BROKE AFTER ITS FIRST USE! The round metal tube on the adapter head that plugs into the laptop broke off the adapter head after I unplugged it from my laptop. In fact, the tube tip was still stuck in my laptop port!



The reason why I gave the instruction manual 3 out of 5 stars is because a couple of the the black and white pictures were hard to understand. The contrast was way too dark, making it difficult to see which part goes where.

As for portability, it's a bit on the heavy, clunky size. Measurements for the black bar: 5 1/2" (14 cm) X 2 1/4" (5 1/2 cm) X 1 1/4" (2 3/4 cm). Weight of black bar: 9 1/4 oz. (265 g).



In short: DO NOT BUY THIS!!!



I ended up going to Best Buy and bought the ROCKETFISH TRAVEL LAPTOP AC POWER ADAPTER KIT for $40. Yes, it's more expensive, but it comes with 10 adapter heads, works great, and it's much more slim and lightweight than this one. UNIVERSAL ADAPTER LAPTOP Notebook AC ADAPTER Charger for HP COMPAQ ASUS NEC TOSHIBA ACER IBM GATEWAY SAMSUNG SONY FUJITSU?90W

This item is a piece of junk! The cord it came with didn't even work, I had to use my own cord. Then after a couple weeks, it started smoking and the power unit itself started melting. I would return it, but the cost to return it makes it not worth returning. Terrible terrible item.

It does bend easily,I will give people that one.If you drop it a lot or step on it, it will break or bend.Caution is always needed with everything(specially this thing, since the metal part of the adapter is very cheap and the price is cheap too).naturally you know that the quality is NOT going to be the same.The adapters could be numbered or labeled to show which one is which, but it really isnt a huge issue.It doesn't take hours to find the correct adapter.I recommend this product IF you need a temporary charger(3-6 months maybe?). EX. a college student who is tight on money and wants a quick replacement till they get their paycheck.DON'T expect this to be an actual replacement of your original charger.You will end up spending more money replacing these than getting an original charger at your local computer store.

Do not buy this product. I bought it because I needed a universal charger for my HP laptop and didn't want to pay the $75 as many other customers have stated. I regretfully ignored the poor reviews of this product because of the low price. The first time I used this product the "box" part got so hot that it actually melted and left a dark black spot on my wood table. Had I not smelt the melting plastic and unplugged the cord my house could have easily caught fire. PLEASE do NOT buy this item. Not only is it a bad product but it is unsafe and should be pulled from the market. I will be contacting the CT Attorney General regarding this matter.

I bought the universal charger for my computer and used it for 2 days and it completely stopped working. There is a green light that should light up when its plugged in and it doesn't light up or charge my computer. Faulty merchandise.

My old Dell charger completely stopped working, so i went to Fry's and found an 80 dollar universal charger, works great, but still wanted something cheaper so i bought this "universal" charger, hoping i can still return the expensive one. So it came without the little sticks shown in the picture that was supposed to hold the set volt that you pick, then looking at the crappy instruction manual, it just tells me to pretty much plug in whatever fits. Then the worst part; NOTHING fitted. Dell was specifically listed in item description, but it does not fit!! I want my money back, this was a waste of money. On the other hand, it does fit my Toshiba laptop, but I don't even need it for that one!

I bought this universal adapter after looking at other versions at my local electronics store that cost over $100. I'd also looked into odering a replacement adapter from the company that manufactures my computer and again, the cost was too high. So... I decided to give this one a try and I'm glad I did. I've owned it for about 10 months now and never had an issue. It was easy to use right out of the package and came with many sizes of tips so that I could find exactly the right one to use. I saved the others, though, after my mother-in-law needed to use it on her machine. I highly recommend it.

Well one thing I will say about this ac adapter is the price is very reasonable. The one issue I had with it was the tips aren't very durable. They are easily bendable and I wish I had known this before I purchased this item. I've only had this for a few days and already I've had problem with the tips bending easily. Just my personal experience though. - Chargers - Laptop Power Adapters - Universal Laptop Ac Adapter - Notebook Power Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information