Sunday 28 March 2010

Excellent Product - easy to use, comfortable


This is my first inversion table, so I do not know how others are designed or operate. I purchased this one based on the sturdy look of the table, as I am about 210lbs (and 5'11").

-

I have no disc between my 1st vertebrae and my pelvis. I had built an inversion table in my old house, but it was fastened to the beams in the basement, so I needed a portable unit.



My Criteria: Support my weight easily, Fold for easy storage, easy to operate for my family members.



Very sturdy and quality construction. It uses 1 1/2" steel tube and the welds look great. The hand rails are nicely padded and very well attached. The balance of the table in operation is great.



Easy to assemble. It took me nearly as long to unpack and unwrap all the parts as it did to put it together.

I'd say assembly was about an hour from unopened box to finish. The hardware is laid out in a nice blister pack with the steps labeled on the pack (though one step did not match the instructions, but this is minor).

The tools included worked very well. You may need a second set of hands to help fasten the table to the swing arms.



In use: a lot of other reviews for other tables talk about the pressure on the feet. This is somewhat of an item with this table as well. This one does have the U-shaped cups at the back of the ankles which seem to work pretty well. The padding on the front bar is quite good. When in use your feet seem to be allowed to form a partial "en-point" (think: Ballet) which is OK, but seems it could be better. I do not know if other tables keep your feet "square" when in use, or if this is common. (Of course you have to remember, your feet and ankles are NOT used to this sort of thing!)



I ended up wrapping some towels around the front bar; combined with socks and shoes this makes the pressure on the feet entirely tolerable.



This combined with keeping the table at about a 45 deg angle (instead of full inversion) allows me to hang for ten minutes or more. Plus I can rest my arms in the handrails in this position.



The height adjustment is geared more towards balance than where your head ends up. I set the height for mine at 5'11" and it balances me excellently. I can raise my arms and immediately begin to upright. Changing the setting for a shorter person allows me to attempt sit-ups, and can use the hand rails to upright. My head does end up hanging off the end of the table somewhat, about at the base of the skull. This may be an issue for some folks. I'm fine with it. The padding of the table is adequate, but not "cushy". There is no headrest cushion or anything like that.



The table folds up very easily with the pull of a pin. It is a bit heavy to move around, but this is because it is a sturdy, well built table. The handrails offer excellent handles for maneuvering the table around.



Gripes: (all of which are minor, but here they are) When moving the table around in the folded position, it wants to unfold. a latch or strap would be very handy.



It did have a small tear in the edge of the pad. I think this occurred in shipping, as there were a few small splinters on the underlying plywood. I cannot see this as a QC oversight from the factory. Note that I have yet to notice this spot again since I have starting using it.



It would be nice if the lock pin had a lanyard or something, as I never know what to do with the pin when the unit is folded. I can tie it with some string I suppose.



There is no indexing for the table position. It uses an adjustable strap, which works fine, just not as convenient. I suppose if you are willing to pay more, you can get this on a table. I'm just fine with it as is.



I'm giving this table 5 stars as I think it is an excellent table for the money. I am quite surprised I can get a table of this quality for the price (about $120). I've used this table about 9 sessions so far, and I can already tell something is different. The pain is not as precise and seems to be abating.

If you can overlook the minor quirks, this table should serve reliably for years. Ironman LX300 Inversion Therapy Table

After much research,I opted for the Ironman LX300(1)Because of the name (I have an elliptical that I have been using for 5 days a week for years & (2) The price.I wasn't dissapointed the structure is sound.Assembly was extremely simple,between 20-30 minutes on my own.Not much more to say really.It did the job better than I could have dreamed.I had used an inversion table once at a friends.The ankle straps really hurt me.Not with the Ironman.A pleasure,very comfortable.

Easy to set-up (took ~20 minutes), very sturdy and easy to use. The height and leg adjustments are easy to change, the padded backboard is very comfortable and moving from upright to inversion and back is very easy with the nicely padded handles. And, most importantly, my back feels great after a couple weeks of use.



The only thing I suggest is using your own wrenches for assembly if you can, the ones provided work but seemed just a little off-sized so they created some knuckle busting moments until I grabbed my own crescent wrench. - Comfortable - Back Pain Relief - Easy To Use - Inversion Table'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information