Friday 26 March 2010

Iphone Screen Repair - iphone screen repair, iphone 3gs


Replacing my broken glass was a breeze with this kit. Any debating between this and the cheaper glass-only kits should stop hesitating and put out the extra money. Your spending will be rewarded with reduced effort, pain and suffering.



After breaking the glass on my 3Gs, I was shocked at the sticker price of Apple's repair. I found a variety of kits online to replace just the glass and ordered a pricey one, understanding it came with the digitizer. I was wrong, and in forging ahead with the repair I botched it. Using hot air guns to remove the digitizer from the old glass warped the plastic and my work ripped the rubber gasket off of the frame. The replacement glass was unsatisfactory as well, and in piecing everything back together I punctured a ribbon cable which deactivated 10% of my touch screen. What a failure.



I searched some more and found this seller on Amazon as the most affordable way to get a replacement glass with the digitizer already attached. This significantly reduces the skill and effort required to replace broken glass if you have a fully functional LCD. Remove eight screws, three ribbon cables, and carefully separate your LCD from the side rails before reversing the order and reassembling. PLEASE use GOOD guides on the web as a basis for your work.



My biggest challenge was keeping dust out of the space between the digitizer and the screen. It took four attempts at seating the screen before I was dust free and satisfied, so be patient. The cloth supplied in the kit was less useful than another microfiber cloth I already use for my eyeglasses as the kit cloth added dust as it removed others.



Nonetheless I am completely satisfied with the result so far, and have a beautiful screen with a fully functional digitizer. iPhone 3gS Screen Repair Kit : Apple iPhone 3gS Lcd Glass Screen Cover with Touch Screen Digitizer, Frame, Home Flex Button, Ear Speaker and Tool

This company was to be sending me the 3gs screen as the item is labeled as on amazon. When I recieved the product it was for the regular 3g. When I requested a refund or the correct product the company informed me they don't offer it Goethe 3gs (even though that's what they listed it on amazon as). Once shipping it back I did get a refund but was not refunded for ANY of the shipping costs, only the product itself. Very disappointed with my experience with this company.

This is good product but it doesn't have proximity sensor. Proximity sensor is what make the screen off when we make phone call. This is important because without proximity sensor when call me made, touchcreen remains active and you may *press* mute button inadvertently.

The screen was pretty easy to replace and took about thirty minutes. I had to open it back up to get the connections firmly set. When I did the glass separated from the frame :(. This is definitely not OEM parts but I was looking for a cheap fix and understood they weren't. Like other reviewers mentioned the glass does not have the special coating, home button is not as crisp, and the proximity sensor is not included. If these are concerns of yours then this may not be the best option. My wife's phone works and she is fine with these issues since we're waiting on the iPhone 5. The kit did come with the tools and these worked well. Happy fixing!



***Added fourth star due to the proximity sensor actually working. Still very happy with replacement.

Cant tell you how excited I was to make my broken IPhone a normal phone that I would be willing to take out in public again without cringing at its disappointingly cracked screen. As with most customers who are trying to save a significant amount of money by doing this fix themselves, this seemed like to easiest and most feasible option. It only took me about 20 minutes to get it taken apart and another few to get it put back together. I connected the three cables and firmly set the screen back into the bezel. Looked brand new and I was exceedingly happy to see my phone whole once again....until I tried to use it. Home button worked fine, and even unlock slidebar worked well, then when I tried to put my passcode in I pressed the 3 and the 1 illuminated. I pressed the 4 and it lit up correctly. I must have taken it apart and put it back together 4 or 5 times and got the same result everytime. What was more frustrating is that my (at that point) screenless phone was ringing the whole time I was trying this and I had no way of answering it. I looked at the original cables and two out of three were exactly the same, the third, I assume the one that connects the digitizer to the phone did not want clip in securely or stay in place. Even when I carefully lifted the screen and slid my finger under to press it into place as hard as reasonably possible it would not work correctly. After examining the the broken screen connectors and the new ones, I could see that it was ever so slightly different. The original digitizer connector has a black plastic strip going down the middle, and the new one was all metal, probably accounting for the crossed signals. Sooooooooo close, but in the end I had to put on the old broken screen just to be able to use my phone. Not a satisfied customer. - Iphone Screen Repair - Iphone Glass Screen - 3gs - Iphone 3gs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information