Saturday 27 March 2010

Cheap Keyboard - cheap keyboard, numeric keypad


Finally! A basic keyboard where all the keys are in the right place, the layout is familiar, and my touch-typing fingers don't have to learn anything NEW.



What's with all the wrist rests, bubble shaped gigantic keyboards that take up the whole desk? Give me a basic keyboard that WORKS. Logitech continues the tradition of the basic IBM style keyboards with the logitech K120.



When you're typing for years and years, you get tired of companies switching keys around on you. Some of logitech's other models I had to pass up on because they swapped the Insert/Delete/Page up/Pg DN section and made it vertical. But on this keyboard, everything is proper and right.



The price is right: There's no reason to spend $50 on a keyboard unless you want to use your keyboard 45 feet away from the monitor - which is rather absurd for most uses. (perhaps if you have a 60" LCD TV with your computer hooked up to it). But if you're an old fashioned, sit up close, task-chair (not the dreadful "manager's chair") kind of person, this is the keyboard you want.



It's not fancy. Nothing extra. No wrist rest. No "media keys". No programmable function keys. And thank goodness! The only thing the basic microsoft keyboard has over this is it has the "calculator" button, which would really be cool to have on this. But really, there was nothing wrong with the way keyboards were before, and there's nothing wrong with this one now. I love this keyboard, right out of the box.



It's surprisingly quiet too.



Why did I get this keyboard?



My new netbook (Acer Aspire One) doesn't have any ps/2 ports - which is fine 'cause they're not really used much anymore.



BUT - all of my old keyboards use PS/2 connectors. So while I DID order a PS/2 to USB connector from Amazon - it's going to take a couple of weeks to get here and I didn't want to wait.



And who knows? Perhaps when the connector comes in, my fancy keyboards from yester-years may be overshadowed by this new, basic, no-nonsense, works instantly keyboard that I picked up for $12. Logitech Keyboard K120

I needed a new keyboard as we have our computer in the bedroom, and the old Dell model was driving me crazy when I was trying to sleep and my wife was typing up email after email...



I went with this model as it has the insert/delete keys in the standard set up, unlike the 'Classic' Logitech model. It is quiet and I expect it to work reliably for a long time.

This keyboard is a good purchase for the money, has good key response, layout and size, and thats about it.



Pro's

good "footprint" on desk

well spaced, well sized keys with good response and feedback

inexpensive

PNP install.



Con's

slightly cheap / flimsy feeling plastic

the "legs" on the bottom are cheesy and easy to accidentally collapse or break off.

This keyboard is extremely low priced compared to the many media and gaming ones out there. Yes, this lacks the features of macros and media keys, but for the average computer user, who only uses their computer for email, facebook, or typing reviews, this is a very affordable, durable, and quality made product from logitech. The reason why I got this keyboard was to hold off on a more expensive keyboard and mouse set up, but I'm starting to feel that may not be neccessary, because of the great quality of such a low price keyboard. The only con I can think of is that the keyboard does not really have a palm rest, but for about $5 you can buy one. This keyboard is great for computer owners on a budget, and functions just like you would expect from a logitech product.

There is a lot to like about this keyboard: Well-made, standard key layout (not so easy to get with logitech!), great mid-rise keys (noise and feel between high-rise and laptop style), and an unbelievably reasonable price.



The only thing I could wish for is a built in, sturdy, quality wrist rest like the dinovo for notebooks.

Finally a nice, solid feeling keyboard with all of the keys situated in the right place for typing fast! And this keyboard feels really solid and quality too. Not to mention that it is very quiet. It reminds me of an old Keytronic keyboard I used to have that cost about 5 times as much. No word on the longevity, but I'm hopeful it will last long, as it feels really good and solid and has low typing effort. It's also got a very small footprint with none of those extra keys nobody ever uses! I would highly recommend this keyboard.

My old keyboard have some keys sticking. So I decided to buy a new one. After browsing the candidates in Amazon.com, I finally selected this one. This keyboard has a relatively low price but still has good quality. When I type with this keyboard, it is very quiet and no much noise is produced. The only thing I am not very satisfied with is that the keystroke seems to be a little bit short.

I was looking for a quiet but functional keyboard for late night typing. I'm a touch typist who does a lot of work late at night and my main Logitech Wave keyboard is very loud. I was interested in this Logitech K120, and a Siig was also of interest. Both are offered here on Amazon, but I went to a local computer chain store and found both on display, which allowed me to test out the feel and sound of the keyboards.



The Siig JK-US0012-S1 is the better of the two. It's quieter than this Logitech and has a slightly better feel. It was also a similar price (Actually a couple of dollars cheaper in store) than the Logitech K120.



If you are a touch typist who types fast, both keyboards are still going to make noise, period. But Logitech advertises the K120 keyboard as "whisper quiet", and that's not accurate at all.

Having grown weary of endlessly replacing batteries in my wireless keyboard, I decided to return to a old-school, USB keyboard. Actually, this keyboard was the SECOND attempt to replace the wireless keyboard. My first attempt was purchased from a major computer manufacturer who shall remain nameless (based in Austin, TX). Evidently, the nameless computer manufacturer shipped me a keyboard from the pile labeled 'for perfect typists only' since the backspace key was DOA out of the box.



Disappointed in my first attempt, I turned to Amazon and Logitech to provide a functional keyboard with free second day shipping (I am 'Prime'). Keyboard arrived, keyboard works, life is good.



NB: This is a BASIC keyboard, if you have grown accustomed to multi-media buttons, etc., you will want to upgrade to a more sophisticated model. However, this unit serves its function nicely. - Cheap Keyboard - Logitech - Numeric Keypad - Usb Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information