Saturday 27 March 2010

Mexican Yoga Blanket - yoga blanket, mexican yoga blanket


I'm a cyclist and reasonably new to yoga (4 months). Because I spend so much time on a bike my hamstrings are tight, so I need to use a blanket or other prop to keep my hips above my knees in some sitting positions. The blankets at my yoga studio look and feel like old army blankets, but work well for this purpose. However, I decided it would be better if I had my own.



The Manduka blanket is a good bit thinner than the studio blankets, so if you need a bolster with a lot of height you might want to consider something else. That said, this blanket gives good solid support. So for me it works great - I just need a few inches of stable support. It looks nice, and feels pretty soft (compared to other yoga blankets, but obviously its still a wool blanket to it does have a little 'scratchy' feel to it).



Highly recommend it if you don't need a high bolster and you want something comfortable to keep you warm during savasana. Manduka Standard Recycled Wool Blanket (Thunder)

The color is really pretty. It doesn't smell. It's soft enough that it's not itchy or irritating like the thicker blankets that work a little better for shoulder stand. It could be thicker but, it's thick enough that two give me sufficient lift for shoulder stand. People who need a lot of height in shoulder stand may not find this blanket the most economical way to get it. However, you could less expensive ones below and put this one on top since it's comfortable to the touch. I think I paid $45 w/shipping for this. It seemed like a bit much but, I do like this blanket a lot.

soft, HUGE, just plush enough, quality stitching, not itchy



i was a little worried about how much it was shedding when i first got it, but i washed/dried it (on cool) three or four times before using it, and it's been great ever since. i also didn't have any issues with a chemical odor or anything



i might buy another one at some point when i have need for another wool blanket

I've purchased other Manduka products and been very pleased with all of them. I've only been using this blanket for a month, so not sure how it will hold up, but I"m pleased so far. It is soft, color is pleasing (Thunder--kind of a gray). The only thing I am not 100% happy with is that it is a bit thin for shoulder stands. Otherwise excellent for other poses

Another high quality product from Manduka. This blanket is great for restorative yoga or even for using at home.



I own two, one in acai and one in moss. They both wash and wear extremely well. I love Manduka and what the company stands for.



This blanket will not disappoint you. - Hugger Mugger - Mexican Yoga Blanket - Blankets - Yoga Blanket'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information