Saturday 27 March 2010

Cookware Accessories - lodge, grill


I am a vegetarian and I use this grill press all the time. It's great for grilled sandwiches! It will help you make great stuffed french toast. Your hashbrowns won't be a sloppy, crumbly mess anymore. This heavy little bugger is perfect for the aforementioned applications and about 40,000 more but the thing I use it for on almost a daily basis is preparing tofu. That magical bean curd benefits tremendously from the steady pressure of a hot lodge grill press!

I bought this for my inside grill. I found when I cooked pork chops the corners wouldn't be quite done because they liked to curl up slightly. This has totally fixed my problem. I do have to adjust my cooking time because the press is a bit heavy & the meat cooks more quickly than before.

This press heavy enough for use as a small meat or sandwich press. You may need to get another one if you like to cook for a large group or like to cook different things in a large pan.



You will still need to season it a bit for sandwiches or they will stick. If you are just frying bacon, then the original finish will also season up in no time.



A basic, no-nonsense product. Handle will get hot.

A well made product. My only gripe is the petite size. As one person pointed out, this is my error for not doing my homework. However, my interest was in purchasing the large cast-iron grill, the press was offered when I made my selection and just from looking at the photos, it appeared to be more appropriately sized for the grill I was purchasing. Again, it was my error for not confirming the size before agreeing to the added purchase. If I had checked, I would not have purchased the press. It's good for one person and that is not the way we cook.

I just purchased the Lodge Logic Rectangular Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Grill press recently and I'm very happy with my purchase. It's the perfect weight, and I've been using it to make paninis along with their 10 1/2 in. square grill pan. My paninis always come out perfect! The only thing I wasn't aware of was that the handle needed assembly, and it was a little difficult for me to put together, but I will still give it five stars because it's an excellent press! You can't beat the quality or the price. This is the best cast iron press I've ever used. It's very well made, and

will last forever.

Pre-seasoned is always the way to go. Thank you Lodge for the innovation! This means clean-up is easy and you have a huge head start on seasoning.



I like the grill press because it helps my food cook faster and it does keep things flat. The cast iron makes it nice and heavy. My only regret is that it isn't bigger. Mario Batali seems to have correctly figured out the press-to-pan ratio.



The press is still a good buy.

Cast iron is great to cook just about everything, or to re-heat food specially pizza and tortillas. With bacon don't even mention it, just use the press to get a nice result. When ever you wash any cast iron item just put it on the stove and flame dry it, to keep it from rusting. That works for me. - Cookware - Press - Grill - Cast Iron - Lodge - Cookware Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information