Wednesday 31 March 2010

Blemish Control - acne treatments, acne wash


I have not been using this product twice-a-day like it recommends on the label, but once per day has been great to me. Previously, I used soap and I would get breakouts occasionally. Then I tried Neutrogena for Men ($7 for 4 oz!), which made me break out badly and I stopped using it after a week and went back to soap. Then I went on Amazon and read reviews about pHisoderm, which I either never saw or never paid attention to at stores. I decided to give it a try since 4 bottles cost almost as much as that one Neutrogena bottle and what a great purchase. It has not only prevented breakouts, but it is also clearing out the little white heads that were on my forehead (I have oily skin) and blemishes. It's not a harsh product either and feels rather mild. I can see why they have been around for 40 years. pHisoderm pH Anti-Blemish Gel Facial Wash, pH Balanced, 6 fl oz (177 ml) (Pack of 4)

I'm 62 years old and have used Phisoderm products since I was 18 years

old. I got a severe sunburn on my face when I was 17. Everything I tried on my face irritated my skin. Finally I tried the old Phisohex

product and it cleaned my skin without irritation. Later the company had to quit making phisohex and I started using the white Phisoderm. It

too worked for me. A few years ago they quit selling the white Phisoderm in my area. I tried several other products but each one burned or irritated my skin. I then tried the Phisoderm anti-blemish gel facial wash and it's as good as the previous phisoderm products.

This is a good product. It doesn't always prevent breakouts from occurring but it has worked better than the other product I did try. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a bit liquidity/thin. Overall, I like it though. The pack of 4 for the price is a great deal in my opinion.

I started using pHisoderm in 1979--and I am still using it! I can't find anything better, and certainly not at the price.



I had acne as a teenager, and in 1979, at age 25, I still had acne. Of course, I tried different products, but none of them worked. Then I stumbled upon pHisoderm, and it was THE answer for me.



These days--at age 56--I still have skin that is inclined to break out, so pHisoderm STILL works better than any other product. I did try to change, just for variety, but nothing worked.



The reason pHisoderm is so excellent is because it gets rid of acne, and it does not dry the skin out. It is really good for the skin.



It's unfortunate that the company isn't too concerned with selling the product, as they did back in the 70s when it was available in gigantic glaring green bottles, was white, and had a medicinal smell :-) Every generation has to have a "concept" of what's healthy. Back then, it was the medicinal smell thing :-)



After that, it changed bottles, again, but was still white, and available in big sizes.



Then, the entire packaging changed, again, to what it is now -- small (dang) -- and clear -- the modern version of "good for your skin" concept.



So, of course, I recommend this product highly for all ages. It cleans the skin throughly, preventing acne, gently, without drying the skin.



I just ordered myself a nice pack of 4 that will keep me going for a while.

I bought this because of the good reviews and I'm glad I did. I have tried everything from A to Z in acne products since I was a kid. I wonder if they had this back then because I should have bought it. I remember phisoderm products but don't recall using them. Anyway this stuff is great! I use it in the day and night too. Not overdrying or irritating for me. If a pimple starts to form within a day or two it is gone. Keeps new pimples from forming I have found. Plus I had a deep cystic acne pimple that was under the skin for a long time and it made it come up. So anything that can do that to me is a good product. It works and I just ordered my second bottle because I don't want to run out. I am in my 30's and have oily skin with adult acne. I never write reviews but I had to for this one. It keeps the oil reduced as well. A +!

This product is the only thing that keeps my face clear. I use it twice a day in the shower with a good moisturizer & have no breakouts. The price is great. I'll have to start ordering it on amazon since they quit carrying it locally.



I think it's just the right thickness. Put one pump on the tip of two fingers and rub it between the fingers on both hands and then rub it into the face. I don't really smell much of a fragrance, which is good for most with sensitive skin. Using one pump, twice a day, I think a bottle typically lasts me about 6 weeks.



Cleansers are a personal item and people will have varying results. Trial and error is the only way to know for sure, but I think this is so worth a shot though, as I have had so many problems with other products, but never a problem with this.

I have absolutely no pimples with consistent use. I have pretty normal skin but have pretty bad allergies. I have gone through several face washes that make me sneeze uncontrollably or have way too much menthol it makes my eyes water. This product has a nice light lemony fragrance that doesn't bother my sinuses. It can be a bit drying like some people may have mentioned but I have a great face moisturizer to counter that. If you have very sensitive skin this may not be the product for you. I would not describe this product as a gentle cleanser, it is pretty strong, sometimes I only use half a pump or dilute it a little with water. Especially if I have a super dry face from the winter air or when my pores are really open after a long workout. I use it about once a day. I am sad that this product has been discontinued and I am not sure what I am going to use after this is no longer available on Amazon. If there are people who don't want their product and want to donate it....contact me! - Acne Treatments - Face Washes - Acne Wash - Acne Control'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information