Wednesday 31 March 2010

Blackberry 9630 - unlocked blackberry, blackberry tour


As other reviewers say, this is not truly as pictured, as it is a Verizon phone. That said, it works pretty well -- with one major exception: where I am (in Tanzania) the data portion is not unlocked. The handset will not enable data access at all. The cel phone company rep here (Airtel)told me they have had this problem with many Verizon BBerries, and despite their request, RIM has not come back with a solution for unlocking the phones for data.



And now Amazon won't let me return it as the 30 days are up. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. This is the first time I am very unhappy with my Amazon purchase. Blackberry Tour 9630 Unlocked GSM Cell Phone (Black)

So I upgraded from the Curve 8320 after about 3 and a half years of using it. I expected this phone to have at least everything the Curve had and hopefully a few new things. After about 2 weeks I received the package (UPS's fault though). It's sleek, modern and flashy looking (if that matters).



The texting conversations are collapsed which makes it a lot easier to see your previous messages to a person. Not so much scrolling through the entire inbox. Also, the keyboard is a lot smoother than the Curve one I was used to (in a good way).



Although it's unlocked (supposedly) I still think it's fairly neat that there's a sim card option which it has in the back. I haven't used it yet but the phone says sprint and I'm using T-Mobile, coolness. Also, you can add a sim card/media card without have to take the battery out. THANK GOODNESS, you're not stuck waiting for the infamous long startup time of Blackberries.



The charger was obviously an after market item and didn't charge at all. I'm stuck using the micro usb to the computer.



No Wi-Fi. I thought newer phones were supposed to be better! While I don't use it as often as I used to (now I have a data plan) it's still nice to not have to use my data. Which brings me to my next point,



There's no web browser. I'm essentially paying for the data I can't use. GREAT.

Also, I can't send or receive picture messages. Uh....I thought it was an upgrade? D:



Like many others said, voice quality wasn't up to par and the speaker seems to be fairly quiet. Either that or I'm fairly loud.



Overall the phone is better organized (in the programming) but lacks so many things I got used to in my OLD phone. While it does essentially "Get the job done," it's not why people buy Blackberrys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it even if it is flashy (looking) and I could use it in Mexico (or something).

I am extremely glad I bought this phone and happy I bought it from Blueteka USA. It came on time, as described and although refurbished it is working perfectly. I also purchased it unlocked and am now using it in the UK with no problems whatsoever. Prior to purchasing the phone I was hesitant for a variety of reasons namely its refurbished nature and the fact that if I had any problems my rights to redress were severely limited as was not (and still am not) a US resident. These fears are all unfounded, I love the phone! I did a lot of research before I bought it and it had a lot of great reviews, the only problem was/ is the lack of wifi. Well although wifi is useful I've not really had much occasion to use it as I find my network providers internet easier. Well if there's only one thing you get from this review, please let it be that this phone is an awesome buy!

Well just like other customers, I was very skeptical in purchasing a cell phone off of the internet, especially a refurbished one.

APPEARANCE:

GOOD- New condition, no scratches, good packaging.

BAD- Bite marks on the charger.

FEATURES:This phone was definitely used since it had messages and the active phone number of the previous user was still there.

(NOTE- up to this date i cant change it)

At times i'm unable to make phone calls (this lasts for about an hour only)

Other features are pretty much decent and usable.

DELIVERY- I paid for 2nd day shipping and it took an extra 2 weeks to arrive.

OVERALL SATISFACTION- This phone is very usable, addictive and has a very classy look. Despite the few downsides i listed, I guess i could recommend it but be very careful.

Hope my review helped.

In the coming months i shall update my review and let you all know if its still working in optimum condition still.

I absolutely adore this phone. I received my device in a timely manner, which was three days before the estimated arrival date.I bought mine refurbished which is practically new. No glitches so far but i guess thats the wonder of refurbished items...they've been repaired. I had one issue that the seller fixed right away the charger sent with my phone was incompatible. But they are sending me a new one free!!I was very pleased with the seller they answered all of my questions within the day I sent them. I will be ordering again from them again soon. CHIAO!! - Blackberry Tour - Unlocked Blackberry'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information