Thursday 25 March 2010

Cell Phone - phone, sidekick


Here's what I've had to deal with, with this phone. Originally, I had this phone for 1 year before the LCD screen decided to have a freak out and project an array of tie-die colours whenever it felt like. At first I took it to a couple privately owned local stores to have it checked out, they couldn't figure it out. Then I took it to a T-Mobile store and they were flabbergasted as well since they couldn't find any damage. Luckily since this happened 2 days before the warranty expired, T-Mobile took it back and replaced it for me. This latest one, I've had since then and it's still driving me crazy. With the previous phone, it shut itself off only about 4 times and erased all its memory (except for on the SIM card and SD card). Now, it's approx. once every week or two that it'll restart itself and erase all the data stored on the phone. T-Mobile says there's nothing they can do about it except for either offer me a discount on a new phone or replace this one with ANOTHER Sidekick Slide. I've checked online and it seems the vast majority of Slides have this problem, which would explain why T-Mobile no longer sells them.



So overall, I would suggest to avoid this phone at all costs. It's just not worth the hassle of losing the data and not being able to prevent it.



Sidenote: Yes, if you have the Sidekick Data plan, your data is backed up on Microsoft's servers. But after their last screw up, would you really trust them? And for those of you who don't know about it, Microsoft upgraded their servers that handled the backup data for the Sidekicks. However, they apparently had a fatal error which wiped out most of it. After a couple months, they finally recovered SOME of the lost data. T-Mobile Sidekick Locked Cell Phone

After May 31, 2011 T-Mobile will be deprecating data service to old sidekicks. You will not be able to browse the web, youtube etc. You can make calls, receive text- but that's it.



no I didn't do it. I don't work for them. But i have 2 sidekicks and just got this notice.



No more data service for older sidekicks anywhere everywhere no you're not special. sorry.

Worst phone ever!! I had this phone for more than a month now and till this day I still get the "wait 48 hours after purchase to activate." always block my phone!!! Had to find a way to by pass it!! Always tell me got new message really don't. No alarm!! Doesn't read my memory card. Display screen doesn't come on sometimes jus gives me black screen. So hard to take out battery. Can't save my contacts or pictures cause it ends up deleting it. I don't know how but it does. Everything is wrong with this phone....! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE. (sidekick slide) did not wanna rate but i couldn't proceed unless I did. Doesn't deserve a star!

ok, so yeah, this phone looks like something you want. so i ordered the phone and every time i went to send a text, the phone would shut off and erase all of the data on it, (texts, notes, info, contacts, emails, and more!)i looked into the problem, and the reason is t mobile doesn't support this phone anymore. if you are a person who sends lots of texte, and cant remember phone numbers, DON'T GET THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!

As another reviewer noted - this phone (and all other SideKicks) will be rendered to dumbphones when T-Mo/MicroSoft/Danger shut off services in a few months - I doubt you could even get data services activated on it with T-Mobile if you bought it today. Shame on the retailer for trying to dump useless NOS (New Old Stock)

This is less of a review than it is a PSA - T-Mobile has announced they are no longer supporting Sidekick devices, and will not connect with Danger's servers. I have read that a sidekick is pretty worth less without the data service.



Just wanted to be sure anyone looking to buy this phone is aware they are not going to get the service you once did out of it!

I was very concerned when reviewing this products other reviews that it would not be any good, but to my surprise it turned out fine. It is easy to use and not too big or small and the keyboard keys are just far enough apart for people like me that are all thumbs! Best bargin out there if your money is tight and you need a phone with keyboard for texting. It is a bit outdated looking, but if you dont mind not being "In Style" and owning a phone without a touchscreen, it is a perfectly good phone.

I was the worst phone I have ever bought. I could not apply my own ring tone, it had to be a ring tone that came with the phone. I was not able to set picture profiles for anyone. When I called TMobile, they told me these phones were discontinued for the reasons I returned the phone in the first place. Not to mention I had to pay the return shipping, and it two over 2 weeks for my refund to be processed. I would NOT advise anyone to but it!!!

The only major problem I've had with this phone is that it freezes and sometimes it can be a pain to restart it. Then it takes a while for it to load all your data once you turn it back on. Besides that it's good. Not the best phone ever. If you text and surf the web a lot like I do and don't have a big budget for a smart phone, it's a good phone. - T-mobile Sidekick - Tmobile - Phone - Sidekick'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • phone
  • ,
  • t-mobile sidekick
  • ,
  • tmobile
  • ,
  • sidekick