Tuesday 29 March 2011

Closet Space Saver - wonder hanger, cascader hangers


I first bought these else where and like other I woke up the next morning with my clothes in a heap on the floor. Seeing their potential as well as not wanting to shell out $15+ for 2 of the steel ones I decided to do a quick and easy modification that took less than 10 mins.



I simply drilled a small hole at the top, right through the loop, and inserted a small zip-tie.



They now hold everything I put on them with ease, 5 sets of jeans easily.



edit: 4 months in and still going strong!

edit2: 7 months and still working great.



Added a picture of what I did. As Seen On TV Magic Hangers, Set of 10

I was hoping for them to create a bit more room, but they are worth it.



I used 10 of them & it created about 6 inches of room, which is very helpful because before it was jam packed.



UPDATE:

After 6 months they bent & fell off the rod. It turns out that they are so cheaply made that they eventually bend out of shape from the weight of sweatshirt weight pullover shirts.



So be warned!

I wasnt expecting much when buying these- I read the reviews before purchasing.

I should have just saved my money!!

There is a large closet in our bedroom that we have split into a his/her closet.

I thought that since both sides were jammed full of clothes and barely room for new clothes to be added that I would buy this and the space would increase--

Well for me, it really didnt save the space- and I tried hanging a pair of jeans and 4 t-shirts on one and it broke-- I tried 2 sweaters and 3 t-shirts- it broke- the sweaters were not heavy either.

For the few that are still useable-- they are still in the closet- but its kind of a pain to find the clothes on the hangers and like I mentioned its really not saving any space.

Not much to say, this product is very good. It has cleared up a lot of space in my closet so now I can actually fit all my clothes. I also have another type of space saving hanger and it's a little bit hard to get the clothes out but with the Magic Hangers i can pull my hangers out of the holes easily. And it looks like they're strong because they haven't broken with me yet :)

This hangers are trash, I really liked the idea and I got 10 boxes of this hangers, I wanted to organized the shirts, bloused and T shirts. Initially (first day) I thought they work great. But the hangers are the worst quality. They are not able to hold even 5 spaghetti straps!!! On the second day I found my all the hangers in the floor of the closet, a complete mess

All my light clothes fell to the floor the next day after using these. Complete waste of money! Wish I never bought these. They might be good for belts and light purses but it couldn't handle my t-shirts.

I bought this because I live in a very old, very small house (circa 1920) with only one very small closet. As soon as I started putting clothes on hangers and putting them on this "Magic Hanger" the hooks on the ends, which are supposed to keep the clothes suspended horizontally while you hang your clothes on it, then you drop one of the hooks off the rod, and your clothes hang vertically, started coming off. That resulted in my opening my closet and finding my clothes in piles on the floor, with one hook still on the closet rod. Nothing heavy, either: blouses, slacks, dresses. Poorly made - the hooks on the ends are made to clamp onto the hole on each end, but not to go clear through the hole or to lock in place. So they keep slipping out and down go my clothes. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this problem - complete waste of money! If I could rate is less than one star I would.

The biggest problem with these is that they are simply not strong enough. They barely hold 5 light shirts. Don't even bother trying to hang jackets. The top hook detaches way too easily, even after being lightly brushed. Great concept, poor design. - Wonder Hanger - Space Saver - Cascader Hangers - Closet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information