Saturday 26 March 2011

Leather Kindle Cover - green, kindle covers


Very attractive BUT faulty design. It's ironic that the ingenious metal hooks that fit the Kindle perfectly into the cover are also the main culprits for causing the Kindle to constantly freeze-up. The metal hooks are touching internal parts, which causes the Kindle to malfunction. The only saving grace is the customer service support that helped with the refund. Kindle Leather Cover, Apple Green (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle)

I have to be honest, my kindle lately was becoming slow and unstable: freezing, crashing and blank screens were absolutely the norm! after doing some little research, it turns out that it's actually this cover that causes all this mess! so before buying this item think about it 10 times, the 5 star reviews are probably from people that still haven't really used "kindle + cover" enough to find out this annoying hardware glitch.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COVER! ;)

This cover is very nice and maintains the sleek look of the Kindle. I used to prefer to read my Kindle (a K1) without a cover but I actually like reading the K3 in this cover. It gives it just a little bit of extra "substance" so it doesn't feel so thin and fragile in your bare hands. The front folds back under easily and stays there without any "fighting" to keep it there. I purchased the green and the color is very pretty. The only reason I have not given this 5 stars is because I feel it is a little overpriced at $35 and I wish there was a slot inside to hold a little piece of note paper or a business card, etc...

I got this cover for my very first Kindle. Shortly after attaching the cover to my Kindle I began to have problems with my Kindle freezing up and restarting itself. When it did this it would "forget" what page I was on and I would have to try to remember what location I had been at. I spoke with customer service and they were wonderful. I would recommend purchasing the lighted cover as it does not cause these issues.

This item apparently causes your kindle to repeadedly reboot itself. The same problem occurred with my girlfriend's mother and her unit. Amazon replaced the kindle and gave a credit for the cover. Seems to be a known issue with this product.

Question is why is Amazon still selling it? Phone rep said that "it doesn't happen with all of them" hmmmm.

I ordered this case after receiving my Kindle as a Christmas gift and could not wait to get it. When it arrived, I followed the simple instructions for attaching the cover , read a page or two and left for an appointment. When I arrived, I took it out to start reading and much to my surprise, my book was back to the beginning and I had no idea where I actually was in the book. Took about 10 minutes to find my place, and made a mental note to look at where I stopped in case I had to select a section to start (yes the sync to last passage read feature was on). Took it our again today and guess what? It took me to the home screen, where I had to search for the book I was reading and then, once again, try to figure out where I was in the book, Read some blogs and found out that the metal clips that hold the Kindle in place seem to be the culprit. Spoke w/ Amazon service and they confirmed my suspicion so this cover will not be used on this Kindle. I will now order a sleeve....seems that is the "fix" until they can come up with something different. Disappointed but glad no harm seems to have come to the Kindle from this.

If you are buying a new Kindle and want a cover, DO NOT get this cover. The low rating for this product is not because it is poorly made; in fact, it is made with high quality leather and the craftsmanship is superb. However, this cover is known to cause what is likely a short to the Kindle and over time, will cause the Kindle freeze, reboot and function erratically. Check the internet for complaints with this issue. Problem appears to be the metallic hooks used. The cover with light has plastic hooks and has not known to cause malfunction of the Kindle. If you are experiencing Kindle problems when you are using the cover, disconnect your Kindle from the cover and call the Kindle support line and let them know your problem. I've found them very very helpful. I must report that Amazon is EXCELLENT when it comes to resolving issues with their merchandise, what a great company!

If you have a Kindle you will want a cover. The kindle screen, like all e-ink screens, is fragile. That's fine if you keep it on a shelf at home, but it's not built to survive living in a bag or purse where it will get dropped and jostled. This is a functional and great looking cover that will protect your Kindle. Despite the 4-step process, it is actually easy to attach and detach. The cover feels sturdy. The kindle is locked in place and doesn't wiggle or move in the cover. The leather is high quality with no blemishes or flaws in the stitching. The strap is easy to open and stays out of the way. The only drawback to this cover is its weight. At 5.5 ounces it's almost as heavy as the Kindle inside. That, combined with having to hold the cover open with your thumb, makes 1-handed reading somewhat awkward. - Kindle Accessory - Kindle 3 Cover - Green - Kindle Covers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information