Thursday 31 March 2011

Pogo Stylus - iphone stylus, touch screen stylus


I tried several different iPhone styluses and this one is by far the best. The rubber tipped ones are not responsive enough and require too much pressure. This velcro-tipped Pogo stylus works great. You don't need to push hard on the screen and the size makes typing more efficient than using your fingers.



There are only two drawbacks - the price is very high, but you do get what you pay for and the cheaper styluses are not as good; also the clip only works on the base unit, so you can not clip the stylus to your iPhone if you have it in a case. They shoud make an adjustable size clip so it will fit over a slim case. Ten One Design Pogo Stylus for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Black)

If you are used to the Palm Pilot Stylus, then you might have to take some time getting used to this thicker diameter stylus. The tip is made of some sort of "styrofoam" and the diameter is similar to that of a pencil erasure. The diameter itself is what takes time to get used to since it's more clumsy than precise. Overall, it's pretty effective and much better than any other stylus on the market for the iPhone. If you have a screen protector, this stylus will require a lot more pressure to use. I would say that 80% of the time it works fine, the other 20% you will need to re-press the affected area... when used with a screen protector. There is a break in period. At first use, the tip of the stylus doesn't slide as well along the iPhone screen, however, after a couple of weeks usage, the tip becomes softer and smoother to use, making it a lot easier to slide on the screen. So give it a chance and you will be very happy using this stylus. Still wish it came with a narrower tip and was much heavier. It's very light since it's just a hollow piece of aluminum. The pogo also comes with a couple of iPhone Stylus holders that I find is much more effective than the competition that use a "pen cap" approach of keeping your stylus attched to your phone. Hope this helps a few.

Well this stylus is made for the Iphone, and Ipod Touch (why not call it the Itouch?...guess that could be taken the wrong way), but me being such a maverick bought this little beast for my Ipad.

I know what you are thinking, "This kid is nuts!" well hang in there, I am going to blow your mind with this......"It works WONDERS!"



Sick of finger prints on your screen? Sick of Steve Jobs telling you that writing with your finger is possible when we all know he is completely insane? Well break away from the pack and buy one of these! You could of course make your own stylus out of a pen, conductive material (aluminum foil, anti-static bag) and maybe a touch of happy thoughts, but if you like your $700 investment like I do, spend a few bucks so you don't scratch your screen.



Break Down:

Pros:

1)Super small, Super simple, It is a Stylus and that is it, don't expect it to make you breakfast or anything.

2)Soft Soft Soft - You never have to worry about scratching your screen, I am hoping they design a chair out of the stylus material, this stuff is amazing.

3)It just works, when you use it on the screen it is just like as if you use a finger, no more, no less.



Cons:

1)Super small...I guess this can be a Con as well because I will most likely lose it, but for the price I can get a few more for safe keeping. If I am not mistaken they make a larger one specifically for the Ipad, although it did not fit as well in my case.

2)Don't expect to draw a Picasso, It is a stylus but for those who aren't informed, the Ipad will only accept something that is near finger size as a touch input device and therefore you cannot use anything fine point. ALTHOUGH: Some people have mad skill, I do not, I have seen some amazing drawings done with these but for your normal pencil artist this won't cut it.



Final Thoughts:

I really enjoy this, and I feel you will as well, like I stated before it is a stylus, and it works as such.

Something that most reviews don't say (that I saw) is this: The pogo is great for art on applications like Colors! or Brushes. It's hard to see how this stylus would be useful, with its flat tip. I didn't understand until I got it myself. But it's not that big around, so the tip is kind of narrow anyway, because the whole thing is narrow, which is a plus for painting. It works pretty well. Here's a painting I did with it using Colors!: [....]



Also, I didn't think I would use the stylus holder that it comes with, but I decided that I didn't want to risk losing this small, expensive stylus. The holder is quite nice.



I really love this little stylus, and highly recommend it.

After purchasing two Stylus pen for my iphone at 7.00 bucks ea. that didn't deliver, I was recommended the Pogo Stylus. I hesitated at first because of it's cost. I know I'm bound to lose it, but till I do, I can only say it's almost like using your finger - and I say almost, cause nothing is more precise than your finger. However, the Pogo comes very close. It slides with ease and you DO NOT have to press hard on the screen which was my experience with the prior two I wasted my money on. This is definitely a good buy.

I purchased 2 of these, 1 for myself and 1 for my 13 year old daughter. They work pretty good. You have to hold it upright, it doesn't work if you have the sylus held at an angle. So that is one thing you have to get use to.



The pen is also pretty bulky, not like your normal smaller stylus pens. I have a hard time figuring out where to put it because it will not fit in the case. You can't use the clip that comes with it if you have your ipod in a case.



All in All the product does a good job and really does what the description says as long as you hold it correctly. I'm glad I purchased them but not sure that I will use it much. My daughter uses hers alot more. Maybe its an age thing, not sure. - Stylus - Iphone - Iphone Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information