Saturday 26 March 2011

Ipod Accessories - ipod video cable, ipod cable


The title of this product is misleading. This does not work with the latest firmware from Apple for the IPod Touch. You need an "authentic", Apple approved, cable that has a chip to identify it as such. This cable will not work. Of course the seller does not just come out and say that here...the title clearly states it will work with the Touch, but beware...it doesn't. RCA AV (Video & Audio) Cable with Ipod Plug For Apple iPod Photo, Video, Classic, Touch, Nano 3rd Generation, iPhone 1st Generation Only 1st Gen

If your Iphone has the firmware 2.1 or above this cable will have video out for only 15 seconds. This product is no longer listed in the manufaturer webpage though it is still on sale in many countries. Don't waste your time and money, it does not work with your iphone.

i apologize for my negativity, but this product sucks!! it says nowhere in the description that it does not work with the ipod 6th gen classic!! i tried every which way to get this product to work, but no dice. the display continued to say "connect video accessory".



while searching for a solution to my problem online, I finally realized that THE ONLY CABLE THAT WILL WORK IS: Apple Composite AV Cable - MB129LL/A!! (THIS IS DUE TO A SPECIAL CHIP IN BOTH THE IPOD AND THE CABLE)



IF YOU HAVE A NEWER 6th gen IPOD CLASSIC, STEER CLEAR OF GENERIC CABLES!!

THIS CABLE MAY BE MORE EXPENSIVE (in my opinion, a lot more), BUT IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS!!!!



I also agree with other online bloggers who state that apple is being "selfish". This is unfair; name brand products will always cost more than generic ones. Apple is just looking for more money to add to its already successful company.

This A/V cable works GREAT w/ my 3rd Gen iPod Nano. Now I can watch downloaded movies or television shows from iTunes in near DVD quality on my non HD T.V. Since I buy blu-ray DVDs I can only watch them on a blu-ray player. But, because recently more of the blu-ray movies (ie. "The Dark Knight", "Prince Caspian", "Journey to the Center of the Earth"), are coming with digital copies of the movies, I can transfer the movie from iTunes to my ipod and then plug in this A/V cord and watch it ANYWHERE there is a T.V. with A/V inputs. For under $20, this cord is a fantastic addition for my iPod.

This product worked exactly as promised, and very simply when I used it on my iPhone running software version 1. I tried it on another first gen iPhone running software v 2, and found that it didn't work so well. I gave the high review based on the experience with my iPhone. This is just a warning in case you're using a 1st gen iPhone with the latest software to consider your iPhone a 2nd gen for this accessory.

This wire is awesome...it works perfect on my 3rd gen nano,if you want great sound and video quality for your ipod nano 3rd gen than you should definately get this.The package was also packaged very well,so dont worry about packaging.

OK. So I ordered this cable out of hope that it would work for my Ipod Classic. Which it does. But. Yes there is a But. But on some videos, only some, does it say to connect pod accessory. I played a music video which I got from the Music Store and it worked like a charm. I have many videos on my Ipod, 24 GB of video and counting. I do want to say that I can play a rented video from the music store.



Also! For all those YOUTUBE users....

You can copy the url of a video and go to http://keepvid.com/ and enter it in the url bar and can download that video by selecting the mp4 format or just the second download option. Then under file, add file to library. You locate the download and add it to your library. The videos come out like they do on youtube. They are good enough for me to watch them on my ipod, but for the tv it matters.

This product does not work with the iPod Touch 2nd generation or the iPhone 3G. Never in the description did it say that. As soon as I plugged it into my iPod Touch, a message came up that said "This product is not supported by iPod Touch", although in the title it clearly says that it does.



Don't buy this product if you have the Touch 3g or iPhone 3G. It probably works with other models but not these two. - Av Cable - Ipod Accessories - Ipod Cable - Ipod Video Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information