Wednesday 30 March 2011

Survival Knife - camping, knife


I have these pants in the Khaki/Black color (not that color matters) and they're awesome. Light weight, tough, comfortable. Total freedom of movement without a sloppy fit. It's great these are on amazon prime now. When I got mine, I had to wait weeks for them to be shipped from a warehouse in the UK. Hopefully amazon.com gets the other colors too.



The glue on the water proof cell phone bag is a little sloppy, and according to reviews on the Bear Grylls site, it can make a mess on hot days. (I took it out of the pants when I got them.) You can pick up another small WP bag at any outdoor store... or just put your phone in your pack. (I recommend just putting it in your pack.) Point is, these pants are great even without the bag.



Sizing is accurate, but a tiny little bit on the small side. If you have overly thick legs or you just like your clothes looser, order one size larger than what you nomally buy. I have muscular legs, and normally wear 32x32 to 34x32. I got the 34 reg and they fit well.



Bear Grylls is the man. Bear Grylls Men's Survivor Pant,Metal/Black,34x31

Received mine for Christmas - ordered one size over (as suggested by comments on the UK Bear Grylls site). The fit is excellent, the materials are too. However, the workmanship is HORRIBLE! There is a 3/4" threaded loop hanging out from the front pocket just waiting to get snagged on something. The hem on the right leg looked like it was sewn by a 3rd grader - it is a JOKE! (Surprisingly, the left leg hem is perfect). There are 2 buttons which secure the waist- the internal one fell off the 1st time I washed the pants. Lastly, there is a plactic waterproof pouch in one of the cargo pockets that is supposed to hold items that you want to keep dry. There are velcro strips that are attached with adhesive to the plastic pouch, which assist in keeping things dry. After the first wash and dry, the adhesive became a gooey mess all over the plastic, which made it impossible to open - in other words, useless. If this plastic device was supposed to be removed before washing and drying, they should have mentioned it somewhere.



I also purchased a Bear Grylls shirt, which has excellent workmanship, so maybe the person who assembled my pants was just a bad employee (who should look for another line of work). Hopefully, Amazon will allow me to exchange these for a pair that are sewn correctly.

These are very comfortable, not as thick on knees as i was thinking, light weight, left cargo pocket has water tight zip lock pocket inside for matches, paper, wallet, lots of cargo pockets, military style buttons. good buy for hiking or camping

These pair of pants are work horses.

They are the best hiking pants I have ever worn.



Aside from the fact that people are disappointed with the sizing issues; just get the right size, and they are perfect.

I really like mine, and would definitely recommend them.

I have to say that these are the best pants I have ever owned. I have yet to take them out on an adventure but I have used them around town and around the house. They fit great not to big not to small. I usally wear a 36 and so I ordered a 36. They are a bit snug around the waist but I think the 38 would be to big. I bought them for my trip to Bolivia. So we will just have to see how they do there but I'm sure they will be great. It is for sure worth the money. Buy it and jsut dont tell your wife how much they were untill 3-4 years when you still have them and they are sttill in perfect condition, Because they will last that long from the looks of them.

These pants are extremely comfortable and very durable, being made from polyamide nylon. The pants withstand extreme fluctuations in temperature, use, wear and tear.



The pants were sized appropriately, with the exception a being a wee bit long in the length of the legs. However, this is not a problem because I wear them with hiking boots, so it does not look bad. The pants have plenty of pockets on the hips and thighs, although I think the pockets could be a bit bigger. Notwithstanding, the pants are great. They haven't faded or torn, despite being worn in the hot climate of Iraq. If you want a good pair of pants with Bear Grylls named stamped on the side pocket, then get these. You can't go wrong! Best pair of hot weather/hiking & camping pants around.

My husband ABSOLUTELY LOVES these pants. He is getting ready to go on a Kayak excursion and wanted some lightweight, water resistant and comfortable pants. We found them at a great price! On the Bear Grylls website, they sell for $100.00. It is great to have found them at a discounted price. He wears them all the time and his trip is not for 6 weeks. He says he is just "breaking them in" but I know he just loves wearing them! Get these pants! (And Bear...make them in women's style!) - Survival - Camping - Hiking - Knife'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • camping
  • ,
  • hiking
  • ,
  • survival
  • ,
  • knife