Saturday 26 March 2011

Space Saver - organization accessories, gift for women


This product has proven very useful in keeping my necklaces and bracelets organized and untangled. It is much easier to find items now than having to search through several drawers. There is no way to store earrings with this product, but I was aware of that before purchasing. Do be aware that you will need to balance the weight out a bit on each side, which would be true of any organizer similar to this. If you have a particularly heavy piece of jewelry, it is best to hang that towards the center as opposed to the edge or else the organizer will tilt strangely. I use this against a wall and only use one side of the organizer (I do not have a large amount of fashion jewelry). If you plan to use this against a wall I would hesitate to use both sides of the organizer as your jewelry may be scratched along the wall. I also do not suggest putting it in a closet next to clothing as your exposed jewelry pieces could snag on a favorite shirt and mess it up unless you put a plastic cover on it.



For my particular purpose, this product works very well, but as I said think about how and where you will be using the product because there is no plastic and all of your jewelry is exposed to anything brushing against it. Household Essentials Necklace/Bracelet Organizer

I was so excited to recieve this item--I thought it was just what I needed, to get my chunky bracelets and necklaces organized in one place. And hanging in the closet! That's clever, I thought; and I ordered it.



Then I recieved it. First, nowhere does it say "Household Essentials," it says "Jewelry Solutions." Looks identical to the pictures on Amazon. Whatever. The real problem is that the quality of this item is truly horrendous--the manufacturer should be ashamed. The metal hanger not one sturdy piece of metal, but two pieces loosely connected, so that it is wobbly and unstable, yet without the benefit of actually being able to turn the hanger 180 or 360 degrees.



The cloth pull tabs have velcro sewn to them, which pulled apart from the tab on the very first tug (as a previous reviewer mentions); plus the velcro covers almost the entire inside of the tab, and would catch on any jewelry items that were fabric, or knit/crocheted.



The binding tape sewn around the edge of the organizer, especially at the top near the hanger, is sloppy, with raw fabric edges exposed. It is overall the worst that a Made in China (and it was) item has to offer, and looks, truly, like it might have been sewn by a child.



If we stop spending too much on poor-quality merchandise (and $17 dollars was way too much for this), then perhaps greedy companies will stop believeing they can pull something over on us--that's way I've taken the time to write this review. I cannot recommend this product, and can only hope that someone somewhere takes the initiative to create a better version of the same idea.

I love this product; however, there is no cover of any kind. Your necklaces are hanging out in the open, more likely to tarnish, turn,

hang up on something else in the closet. I took some very small plastic jewelry bags and put my necklaces in them and hung them on the organizer. I don't believe I should have to do this.

Good merchant; GREAT product, idea, quality much better in person and even nicer looking; plus fast delivery. When I came across their earring organizer quite a few months ago, it was so fantastic that I immediately got one for my daughter. So when I recently found this Necklace/Bracelet Organizer, I immediately ordered 2 this time, and again had prompt delivery. This is an even better idea than the earrings, if you can believe that! It not only does the obvious, which is keeping your necklaces hung so they don't get tangled...but you can easily look across the row and find which one you want to wear very fast. Plus if you have a matching bracelet, it's hung right above the necklace. Then the real bonus for me (besides spending time getting knots out of chains, knowing it's not a waste of time because the necklaces will hang nice and protected...but as I got out my jewelry from various jewelry boxes, I found necklaces and bracelets I had totally forgotten about, and haven't worn in years!! Now that my jewelry is organized, I find myself wearing it more often because it's so easy and fast to find.

This is a great organizer for necklaces and (thin) bracelets. However, it does not easily accommodate larger (thicker) bangle-type bracelets. Very sturdy, and easily, clearly displays necklaces and thin bracelets easily, however. Would definitely recommend.

This organizer doesn't take up much space in a closet but holds lots of jewelry. I gave it only 4 stars because it has no capacity to keep items tarnish-free. I was looking for an organizer for long necklaces and this fits the bill very nicely. I have another organizer with plastic pockets and that does not work well for long necklaces or chunky bracelets. Velcro loops on both sides here.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this organizer! I will get another one for my sister and probably a third one for myself.



Pro

offer both short (bracelet size) and long (necklace size) placement

velco loops make it easy to place items of various size and shapes

velco loops save space, b/c I can put several necklaces together within one loop

very durable, even the velco loops are well made and strong

I also put my hair bands on it





Con

Maybe the price, but its so worth it!

if materials of necklace is cloth type, velco might messy up the jewelry





Tip

I don't want my glass pendants to hit each other and I don't want them to get dusty, so i put just the pendants in mini ziploc bags (pill-size bag/pouch)

This organizer is quite good as far as keeping things sorted and untangled.



One of the Velcro tabs half tore off when I opened up one of the straps, due to a sewing application issue.



Also, if this is going in your closet and your closet is full like mine is, you have to watch out what you hang this next to if you have jewelry that snags.



I've had to wedge this in between flat, cotton items to ensure to harm is done to my clothing or my jewelry.



It's be nice to see a future version of this have a roll-down canvas flap on each side to avoid this dilemma. - Hanging Jewelry Storage - Gift For Women - Jewelry Organizer - Organization Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information