Monday 28 March 2011

Leather Case - leather case, g11


I'm not sure what the other reviewer was smoking but this case fits the Canon G10 PERFECTLY. Leather is sometimes a little stiff when it is new, so maybe that was their problem. Every professional photographer knows that you do not want a camera to fit loosely in a case, because whenever it moves around (even a little) it causes friction, and friction ALWAYS causes wear and tear. In any event this case is well made. There is a loop on the back of it so that you can wear it on your belt if you want. This would come in handy on vacations. The cases lid is held on by TWO forms, one is a standard snap closure, and the second is a magnetic action so that the snap doesn't accidentally come undone. The entire inside of the case is finished in very fine and smooth suede. Stitching is very nice and in some places it is even double stitched. There are recesses on each side of the case (around where the camera straps would be) so that you can easily grab the camera to remove it from the case. If you own a G10 then you will definitely want to own this case, even if you have another camera case with all of your other gear. You've probably spent a lot of money on your Canon G10, and this case is made to protect it from any wear, and that's a job that is does very well. Canon PSC5100 Deluxe Leather Case for PowerShot G10

This leather case is everything that I wanted it to be!!! I was looking a streamlined case to protect my G10 while I carry it around in my purse. I was looking for something as compact as possible yet still protective. This case fits the bill perfectly. I have a larger case that I use to store my extras and accessories in, but wanted a separate compact one just for my camera. It is extremely well made and very sturdy and I love the look!!! I like that there is openings on the sides of the case for the neck straps to come out, it makes it very easy to carry the camera. I have no use for the belt loop. As the other reviewers have mentioned there is no additional storage space in this case for extra batteries or memory cards, this case will only fit your camera, so if extra space is important to you then chose another case. Overall, I love this case! It serves my needs perfectly!!!

This case is a real disappointment.



The biggest problem is that the camera fits too snugly and it is difficult to get out of the case. One of the reasons that I bought a G10 was because I wanted to be able to take pictures quickly and inconspicuously. I did not expect that Canon's case would require a struggle to remove the camera.



Another drawback is that the case does not have a strap of it's own. It does have a small loop which is presumably meant to go around the G10 strap. That doesn't work too well because the loop fits too snugly (again) around the G10 strap. Therefore, once you extract the camera you now have a bulky case jammed up against the side of the camera impeding it's use. The loop is too small for the case to easily slide away from the camera.



This case was not cheap at $30. I was expecting more.



Other comments:

There is no sleeve or storage pocket for cards, lens paper, etc.

The case is compact, nice looking and great for minimal protection while transporting the camera. It just is not at all functional as a case to be used while shooting.



I feel there must be a better case out there. My seach continues...

This is the case for Canon G10 and fits the camera perfectly. It's a little big and somewhat useless (the size precludes the use of the belt strap, unless you don't mind your pants falling down!) But at least, it protects the camera body and the question of fit, which was raised by another reviewer, does not apply. This is the correct case for Canon G10.

The casing isn't snug fit like the other poster mention. I have had this case for a couple of months and did buy it here couple of months ago [...].



Anyways, The casing itself is quality leather (of course, c'mon by Canon). I like the magnetic part of the case so I never have to snap it on or worry that I forgot to. It fits the camera perfectly. It's not a snug fit, but it's not loose either.



The cons to this is that there is no extra pocket. I would like to put a microfiber sheet in a pocket of the casing, but there isn't any pocket. There isn't any strap for it and you would have you use your strap on the camera and there are openings on both sides so the strap and stick out. I would rather have a strap on the casing or something I can attach a strap on the casing because I would like the convenience of having the case around my neck/wrist to take pictures and not have to worry about looking for a place to put the case or trying to hold the chunk.



The case is alright, but there are OTHER cases that would float my boat.

I recently purchase the Canon G11. Not liking any of the cases I saw at Best Buy, I went to Amazon and came across this case for the G10. I assumed the G10 and G11 were the same size, I ordered the case. I was not disappointed because it was cheaper than the nylon cases at Best Buy. The leather is smooth. The stitching is of high quality. I would recommend for any G10 or G11 owner. - Leather Case - G11 - Canon G10 - Camera Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information