Saturday 26 March 2011

Leather - ipod touch 4th generation case, leather


I had returned a different more expensive brand because it had no opening for the front camera and no mini stand. This case is well made. Thin. Nicely stitched leather. Fits IPOD Touch 4G perfectly. Allows access to all features. Closes nicely and flat with magnets. Has a little kick stand in back to support hands free viewing ( Not shown in picture) and is incredibly cheap. I don't think you could do better. Also comes with a cleaning clothe and screen protector, which I don't use. 4G Touch Luxury Black Genuine Leather Case Cover & Screen Protector for New Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation - 8GB 32GB 64GB

This case was just as described by other thoughtful reviewers. Yes it smelled some for a few days, it is probably a bonded leather but for $10 far in away better than any of the five or so back side only cases I ordered. It has a magnetic closure to keep the reinforced screen cover closed when carried in my shirt pocket or in my computer bag. I don't need to worry about a sharp object inadvertently seriously damaging the screen.



Clear thin screen covers will protect against damage from use - this cover will protect the screen and back from breakage in day to day handling.



The stand on the back is nice but not so useful if using headphones - I guess I need to try some bluetooth headphone/speakers. In use about 4 weeks - it can be a bit tough to use the touchscreen near the edges - like hitting pause in "landscape" music mode. I can live with this problem as the case does what I want it to do - protect my iPod while not getting in the way of using it. The case is not thin - but I like the extra thickness - the 4th gen is fairly thin for my taste anyways.



Can use all feature of the 4th gen, charge in the case - good product for $10.

I wanted a case that could have the screen protected while carrying in my pocket at work and this one works great. The camera cutouts are just right and I like the magnetic closure. If your looking for a wallet or folio style case for your 4g Ipod, I recommend this one.

I ordered this case so it would be compatble with the bad elf gps and this more than meets my needs.The ipod fits snugly

and I am able to use all of the controls..both front and rear camera work. I haven't noticed any screen darkening from the auto sensor either.I was looking for a case that I coud attach to a lanyard to carry around my neck.Well, surprise there is a small ring attaached to the kickstand in the back which is perfect for me!So, the manifacturer should post pix of this on this web page.I did not notice any offensive odor either, I really gave it the sniff test.All in all a great case that beats the cost of buying one from a big box store.I ordered on sunday and it was here on tuesday, so thank you amazon for the speedy service.This will be great for using for walking and hiking outdoors, using such apps as all in one pedometer and nike+ipod apps.

So, when first buying this, I was very hesitant. I have read reviews about the iPod slipping out, or the case being ruined to easily ect.



Well, it is a really good case. There are a few issues I have noticed with it, but don't let them stop you from buying it. I'd still buy it again if I had to:



1. The leather on the case is very soft, and supple. The problem is, it does stretch. I have a pair of earbuds in my picket with the iPod and pulled it out later, and on the leather was an indent from the earbuds.



2. It's hard to plug anything in to the iPod unless you push the iPod down while holding it. If not, the iPod starts to slip out of the case.



3. A generous amount of dirt seems to get past the screen cover.



Pros:



1. Very soft, and easy to hold



2. Lightweight



3. The stand on the back, a very nice addition. I do wish it could clip on.



4. Does it's job.

It seems like the ipod fits in it fine. However, it was advertised as "genuine leather case" which I highly doubt that it is leather.

Has a horrible chemical smell to it and it looks like any synthetic imitation leather. So, I am dissapointed because I could have bought for $2.99 the same synthetic case if I wanted synthetic.

Really my biggest concern is the smell. I bought this case for my 13 year old son and I'm not so sure that I want to expose him to unknown chemicals as he would be exposed to by touching and breathing. - Leather - Ipod Touch 4th Generation Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information