Tuesday 29 March 2011

Mini Fridge - mini fridge, junk


Had the 118 can refrig for 1 month. Couldn't handle the whistle from the compressor. Had to pay to send it back. They said they didn't hear a thing. It was returned damaged. Cost me $110 extra for all this and now I have to get rid of it. I have to turn it off in order to speak with my guests. I turn it off when I'm in the room. When I talked with the service people on the phone, they said if they exchanged it I would probably still have the same problem... Don't buy any edgestars EdgeStar 118 Can Beverage Refrigerator - Stainless Steel

you expect this thing to keep things cold like below 60 degrees at least

you won't get what you want, this cooler doesn't keep things COLD had to send it back which cost me a lot!!



Will Never buy another EDGESTAR product or recommend one to anyone



*******WARNING DON'T BUY********

This beverage cooler is NOT SILENT. The compressor was defective. It started making noise not long after I got it - but I didn't seem to mind...as time went on - the noise got louder and louder. Now, past the 90 day warranty, I have to turn the TV up everytime the refrig goes on - thats how loud it is. Dave S. from Customer Service does not stand by it's product given I purchased a DEFECTIVE COMPRESSOR. Same story as first review. I would have to pay $250 to return the refrig. Most appliance repair cost $70 to come look at it. Even thought parts are covered for a year, Edgestar will not send me a new compressor unless a licenced Technician makes an assessment AND Edgestar agrees with it. Then they will send the part to the technition to fix BUT WILL NOT PAY FOR LABOR!....So, you buy a crappy product and you're SOL and they couldn't care less. !! DO NOT BUY EDGESTAR.

Seen a couple other reviews on here sharing similar stories.



Add mine to the list.



Beautiful mini-fridge. Durable quality case/door. Everything appears nice, and I was really happy when I got it. I didn't notice the noise problem a few on here have mentioned. Mine was pretty quiet.



Holds a LOT of beers/pop/etc.



But, sure enough...1 month after my one year warranty expired, my unit died.



It's almost too expensive to fix...but too nice to throw out.



I have a repair company coming out tomorrow who said they'll fix it for $150. But to buy another new one, I'm looking at $300..



I guess I'll just chalk it up and think of it as a $400 fridge.



Shame the cooling parts break so much, cause otherwise..it really is a nice fridge.



But no matter how nice...the fact that it broke and I have to have it repaired, cause me to give it 1 star.

My EdgeStar BWC120ss was purchased 4/2010 and worked through the warranty period. Stopped working entirely in 8/2011

4 months after the warranty ran out. Cannot find anyone here in Fort Myers, Fl who will service it. Won't be buying any Edge Star products in the future.



Geno in Fort Myers, Fl.

"ZERO STARS!" I purchased this Edgestar 118 Can Beverage Refrigerator 14 months ago. What a mistake. Don't be fooled by it's good looks, glass door, etc.



It just stopped working. Dead....nothing! Besides that, it was always noisy when it worked. The warranty on this product is only for 90 days. One year on parts. So I called them, and they will not do anything. Even if it was within the one year you would have to send it to them, which will cost quite a bit in shipping costs. I called around to many appliance repair centers and none of them were even interested in looking at it for repair.

I realize that the unit is out of warranty, but shouldn't something that you pay good money for last more than a year??

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!

My husband bought this fridge to upgrade from a smaller mini fridge that was super cold,it even froze beer at many times. However with 3 guys plus in the house, we decided to buy a bigger fridge that was nice, The frige is durable, it has several racks, to get it like the picture you have to remove like one or two racks to get the beers to stand up but that is all good, It is cold, I am not sure about the other reviews but we put the settings on the coldest which is 7, and the beer is just as cold as the other one and it is full to the rim. I didn't count how many beers are in there but atleast 3 30 packs and some of another one (they drink to fast for me to count lol) So assuming it was 118, but the point of that was that even when full, the beers were super cold. I don't see anything negative besides the owners manual is very vague, there was a black peice that came with it but I couldn't figure out where it went. The shipping, I ordered it Wednesday night at 10pm and it arrive Friday via fedex, The package was super light as well. Good deal! Thanks!

The product is great for the price. There are not many small fridges without a freezer. Most coolers without icemakers are for wine and cool from 42 degrees to 55. This unit is rated from 36 degrees and warmer. I would prefer it a little cooler though. I prefer bottle beer rather than cans. The placement of the thermostat control might have been suited at a different level. The unit comes with 5 wire shelves. I am using only two. The first wire shelf will hold about 30 bottles vertically. Because of the thermostat placement I cannot stand bottles vertically even though the height is there. So on the second shelf I place cans vertically and bottles on their sides. The bottom shelf or floor will hold 18 12 ounce bottles vertically. This area is only half depth. The other shelves are full depth. I estimate I could probably hold 78 bottles had the thermostat been located differently and extra rails dad been provided at a different height. I have had it about 4 months and have no need to defrost. I did push one bottle to the back wall and it froze but did not burst the cap in the unit. I will be more careful now. - Junk - Mini Fridge - Bad - Defective'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information