Saturday 26 March 2011

Usb Headset


I purchased this unit as my computer doesn't have a mic plug on the front, meaning when I switch between my speakers and using a mike I would have to crawl around behind the computer. I ordered these because of the promise of the usb plug (which Ihave on the front of the computer)



The units themselves are good solid construction with heavyweight usb plug and a microphone boom arm that doesn't look like it will break easily (like some do). Sound quality is good, with an acceptable amount of bass.



The usb thing works exactly as advertised on both XP and Vista. The sounds normally come out of my speakers. There is no software to load and when I plug in the headset, sounds suddenly come out of the headphones, it really is that easy.



I have noticed that when I am in a game such as WOW, that I have to exit the game and restart to have the game recognize the switch.



Unfortunately there is one thing that keeps me from giving it a 5 star rating. After about 2 hours of play I noticed my ears were hurting. The unit has a fairly tight tension and the old-style rubber earpieces and they started to hurt my ears.



The unit works good as advertised and looks like it won't break like so many others, but i will look for a lighter-weight unit with foam ear coverings that hopefully won't hurt my ears. Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Headset (Black)

I love the Logictech ClearChat headset. The ear pieces are nicely padded, with excellent noise canceling sound. The rigid microphone boom can be lowered or raised, according to whether you want to record/talk or just listen. They work equally well with both Windows and Mac OS X machines, with no driver software required. Because they connect using a USB source, they are strictly for computers, however, and cannot be used with stereo systems or iPods.



Within minutes of opening the box and plugging the connection into a USB slot, I was able to create a high-quality podcast on my Mac using Garage Band, part of the Apple iLife '08 suite. (To hear the sound quality of the podcast, email me or go to my Amazon Connect page on my profile.) My Mac immediately identified the headset as a possible input/output device, although I had to manually change the previous settings to use it. The mute button, located halfway down the cord, works instantly, without any clicks, although it's not always easy to tell whether the blinking red light means the mike is muted (it does) or whether it should be a steady red light.



The sound quality is excellent, although obviously the source and medium can limit the quality. Just as important, the headset is extremely comfortable; I was able to wear the ClearChat for hours without any fatigue or discomfort. The wire leading from the headset to the mute button seems like it might be fragile, so people who walk around while wearing their headsets might encounter problems. All in all, the Logitech ClearChat is an excellent value.

I have had two sets - the USB plug came apart in both models. I repurchased because the comfort and quality of sound are TOP NOTCH! If you will use them on desktop you can't go wrong, but for laptop and travel the USB connection WILL fall apart. I look forward to a new model update that might fix the connection issue.

I've had a lot of headsets, a lot of headphones, and a lot of microphones.



As far as computer use goes, this headset is my favorite. The USB technology is great because it delivers pure digital sound in one connection and one wire. My computer (Windows XP) instantly recognized the headphones and they began working.



One great thing about this headset is that if you want to go back to speakers, you don't have to swap the 3.5mm plugs; you just unplug the headphones and it defaults back to the speakers, and when you plug the headphones back in it switches back to headphones.



The inline volume/mute is useful and it's digital rather than analog.



Now about comfort: these headphones don't look as comfortable as some of the really big cup earphones, but trust me they are far more comfortable. Not only are they soft and plush (leather), but they are so light it's easy to forget your wearing them. I can wear these for hours on end without any discomfort.



On the sound quality: probably the best sound quality you can get for a headset (phone/mic duo) under $100. Because they are USB, the signal is digital rather than analog and there is NEVER any type of static or popping etc. The mic is noise canceling (background noise no longer a problem) and the headphones are very clear and have pretty good range for what they are.



Overall this headset is more what you'd expect to pay around $70 for. They aren't as good for music as my Skullcandy smokin' buds headhphones which I use to listen to my iPhone, but they definitely get the job done for Gaming, Internet Conference/Calling, and General Use (Casual Music Listening, Narrating etc.) for desktops/laptops. Audiophiles definitely won't care much for these because they aren't amplified or high definition, but the casual user will definitely enjoy these headphones.



I also have the Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones and the sound quality is about the same, but the comfort and convenience of built in mic makes this headset better.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Headset Usb Headset Usb Headset