Tuesday 29 March 2011

Good Value - good value


I just happened to pick this up at my local Office Depot store. There was a returned open box item that somehow was returned by a unsatisfied customer. It got for for $14.13 due to a 10% discount.

Anyhow, I am using this switch to add additional ports to my Trendnet router which was purchased a year and a half ago from Amazon. This unit is really compact and sleek 3"x 4.5" x 3/4" almost like a scaled down Linksys router. Setup and hookup was easy and painless and quite frankly I am truly amazed with the speed both upload and download. You really can't tell the difference whether your ethernet cable is plugged into the main router or this switch. Really outstanding. Only problem is because the unit is quite small that the five inputs are quite close together so that your RJ45 plugs may feel quite snug if the surrounding jackets or are left on. Otherwise, great little product. I should have bought the 8 port version which sold for $5 more. Right now, it sits directly on top of the routers with a pair of clothes pins for additional ventilation until I can make a small wooden stand for it. Looks and runs really cool. Please give it your best consideration. D-Link DES-1005E 5-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch

Compact, nice looking, works perfectly, I paid the extra ten bucks to have this aesthetically looking unit then the other ugly blue ones I saw here for less. It is very lightweight so you may have issues with keeping flat on the ground. - Good Value'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • good value