Sunday 25 September 2011

12v Air Compressor - portable 12v air compressor, air compressor


I'm writing this review because the Amazon description doesn't inform you that you NEED 15 amps to power the device as clearly stated in the owner's manual. Unfortunately, I didn't know this before purchase so when I plugged it into my Honda Pilot which only supplies 10 amps, it didn't work. I called Slime customer service who confirmed that all their products require 15 amps.



Check your car owner's manual to make sure your power socket supplies 15 amps!



I'm giving it 5 stars because the device itself looks very high quality with a nice storage case. Slime customer service was also speedy and helpful. Too bad the Amazon item description was inadequate.



UPDATE: I have since bought the Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator which works great with my car. Slime COMP06 Pro Power Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator

This pump is far and away superior to a cheaper unit I had been using. I like the coiled air hose and its screw-on connector to the tires and its quick-disconnect connector to the pump. Also, the pump-mounted switches are more substantial than the switch on my old pump, which was on the power cord and had to be replaced. As noted by others, the fabric carrying case does fit the unit snugly, but I've had no difficulty removing or replacing the pump or air hose in the case.

This 'heavy duty' inflator failed after only a few uses. It was typically very slow to inflate my car's tires, but would eventually fill them to the required pressure. At one point, my tire was very low on pressure and the Slime inflator managed to bring it up to pressure after several minutes. After that, however, the unit no longer worked.



Also, for me, having the unit powered by the car's power socket, and not having a 110V alternative, was inconvenient.



I would not buy this unit again.

The Slime tire inflator is exactly what I wanted. I was seeking durability, portability and affordability. I got all three. The inflator is built much better than most tire inflators in the same price range. It is very portable, even including a handy case so it can be stowed neatly in the trunk. For me, the price was right as well.



I added five pounds pressure to each of my Toyota Corolla tires after receiving the unit. Within two to three minutes the additional pressure was reached. Inflating a flat tire may take up to 10 minutes, but that time is much better than using a hand pump!



The Slime also includes additional attachments for basketballs, beach balls, and other inflatables. The tire attachment screws on the valve, which I much prefer over the common clip.



I recommend this product highly -- I don't believe you'll be disappointed if you are seeking an affordable, portable tire inflator!

I drive a pick-up truck daily. Not your 'ordinary' truck mind you... mine has 38" mud tires (yeah one of THOSE trucks). One late summer morning I sauntered out to the driveway to fire-up the beast and noticed that one of my tires was flat.



Bummer... these babies run $300+/each.



I had a tire inflator in my Bride's car and attempted to inflate my tire. Attempted being the key word. After nearly frying her unit I ended up borrowing a neighbor's portable compressor to inflate my tire.



This little life distraction caused me to search for a portable inflation device that would work well on larger tires. Happily I stumbled upon the SLIME unit and it's listed as PRIME! Prime Slime... sounds like a bad garage band.



Sorry - ADD bicycle ride there.



Anyway I ordered the unit and it magically appeared the next day at my office. Dying to try it out I took it out to my truck, went home and fired-up my home compressor (bought one due to the little mishap above) as a 'just in case' back-up plan. I deflated the tire about 50% and hooked-up the SLIME.



The case is a nicely designed storage device with a frontal pouch for the long green hose. Plug the SLIME unit into any cigarette adapter/power port and you're ready for the show. The tire chuck screws on to the stem (GREAT feature) and you just flip the switch and let the compressor do its thing. I did not time this but the tire did inflate in a 'reasonable' amount of time. Slower than my compressor for sure but galactically faster than my Bride's unit in her car. The numbers on the dial are easy to read and are accurate (tested the psi against 2 other tire gauges). After I achieved the desired psi I switched-off the unit, unscrewed the chuck and rolled it all up.



Also included in the pack are several inflation needles and adapters for pool floats, soccer/football/basket balls or your favorite blow-up toy...



Just the other day I was enjoying a hamburger in the parking lot of What-a-Burger when a couple pulled-in with a flat tire. After I finished my burger (I was nearly finished and it was GOOOOD) I drove over and offered to help. They asked if I had a 'pump' and I said [John Lovitz voice]YES I do...!!![/John Lovitz voice], hooked-up their tire and in a few short minutes was able to air them up and send them on the way. I didn't save any baby ducks, rescue any puppies or deliver a child but I did help save the day!



They need to include a spare cape for us Super Hero's.... mine was at the cleaners.

I bought one of these to replace a much older one that was incredibly loud and very slow. This pump is great. It pumps much faster than the old one, and the noise level is much lower. I could hear the old one from inside my house. This one doesn't disturb anyone, even running it at 6:00am in the driveway. The screw on valve is much, much better than the older style. My only gripe is that the case is a little small for the pump, and it's hard to get the pump in and out.

What a great Electric Air Pump. Plus it runs off the car battery. From almost flat to 32lbs in just 4 minutes. Much better than that those that pump, and pump but never reach the full point. Heavy Duty it is!! - Air Compressor - Portable 12v Air Compressor - Big Tire Inflator - 12v Air Compressor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information