Tuesday 27 September 2011

Oil Pastel - pentel, art supplies


I've actually only used these a couple times, but when I have used them they're fun. A nice range of vivid, blendable colors. Obviously the blunt ends aren't going to be great for fine details, but you can get some fun textured effects by pushing hard with some sweeping strokes. You blow through them really fast that way, but at six bucks a set why not? (Try not to overdo it, though; they're soft, break easy. And maybe check at local stores to avoid shipping. = ) ) These are also an affordable alternative for artists who like colored pencils but can't afford the steep prices. All around if you want to relax with some fun color, this is a great way to go. Pentel Arts Oil Pastels, 50 Color Set (PHN-50)

I really like that there is a large variety of colors to chose from. Bought them for the kids, I'm pretty sure they're going to have lots of fun with them. When I received the order some of the paints were sticking out wich is normal during delivery, thankfully none of them got broken. Great purchase!

These Oil Pastel Sticks are about 3 inches in length and come in about every immaginable color. They sketch beatifully onto regular hard back sketch paper and allow for very nice control. If you are a modern or impressionist style sketcher then you will appreciate what you can do with these. They are fun and of a high quality for their inexpensive price.

I cannot comment on the quality of this set I bought it for my soon to be 17 yr. old Granddaugher who is planning on going to art school she has a natural talent with painting as well as sketching started at a very young age the set does look like it is good quality but who am I to say since I don't know too much about things such as this I am sure she will enjoy them....

I bought this pastel, shipping arrived quickly. I painted it came out very beautiful. Pastels have good quality. Cheaper and it's very easy to use. If I run out probably I will buy this product soon. - Art Supplies - Pentel - Oil Pastel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information