Monday 26 September 2011

Easy To Set Up - good price, skype


This is a good, entry level webcam for budget conscious purchasers. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the more expensive cams - but it does a perfectly fine job for Skype or other VoIP systems. Logitech Webcam C250

This webcam was purchased for my Grandpa who is 89 and lives across the country. I'm the only person he knows with a webcam, so he didn't want to spend too much money and wasn't interested in a lot of bells and whistles. At the same time I was looking for something easy to setup and use.



There was no trouble setting it up, the installation disc was no problem to use. In fact, I believe the software disc that came with it may not have been required, as for us Skype has performed far better than Logitech's "Vid" calling software. This camera, as with most, is "USB Video Class". This means XP should install it by just plugging it's cable into the computer.



It has been easy to use as once the camera itself is installed all user functions are regarding your software of choice (e.g. Skype).



As for picture quality, I am able to tell a noticeable difference in picture sharpness between his Logitech C250 model (1.3 megapixels) and another friend's Logitech C905 model, which has 2 megapixels. Still a good picture for the price, as this is on the low(er) end of the line.



There have only been two slight issues in a month of use:



(1 It would not clip to his LCD flar panel monitor, so he folded the clip (as if to sit it on a flat surface, or CRT "box" monitor) and sat it on a shelf beside his screen.



(2 Occasionally it's light sensor seems to get confused and the picture will appear either red or green tinted. Moving the camera around or retarting the computer has fixed the issue every time (only 3 or 4 times in total) it has happened.



Hopefully this will be helpful to the next potential buyer. :-)

This camera works great for my purposes, which is to skype my family in Europe. I don't normally read all of the technical specs to compare items. I just verify that it works with Windows 7,read the reviews and try to figure out which product I can spend the least money on and get my desired results. So, I decided that I ought to write one for this product. It was simple to install and worked immediately.



I don't know if other cameras have this feature, but it's has a "shade" so that the camera is not filming you unless you raise the shade.



I didn't load the VID software as my family are already on Skype. It works seamlessly with Skype.



Good Luck

Nice product, simple setup... ... cheap drivers though.

In first instance it looks all right:

You install the camera very fast.

You are able to use it with skype without problems.

You are totally happy!



But though, if you have low light conditions, the automatic sensibility/exposure settings don't work. With low-light you get flickering vertical white-lines (probably CCD or video-amp gets saturated due to wrong control/feedback loop).

To overcome this "mess" you MUST turn off exposure-control auto-mode (under right-light configuration), and keep setting it manually. Bah!



Since 2009/10 I am waiting for the new logitech-driver, that should solve the problem...

I still hope it will come out.

Bought this as a gift for my parents, who aren't so tech-savvy. My only advice is to use Skype with it, rather than the Logitech software. I'd heard good things about the Logitech Vid software, but experienced some problems with my first video conversation with my parents - which resulted in them holding up sheets of paper to the camera with notes on them, and then me coaching them through the process over the phone and with Facebook chat...ugh...it was not easy, and because they could see me on their camera, I had to be careful not to roll my eyes or anything.



Anyway.



This was a good deal, and they had no problem installing it. I would definitely buy it for them again, but I'd start with Skype instead of Logitech Vid.

This is a very decent product. With good lighting you will get very nice and clear video/pics. Its great little product for video chatting. Good price as well. No regrets. However If I had extra money to spend i'd definitely get a higher model.

Bought this for our conference room to do video conferencing. Picks up sounds pretty well, good clarity on Medium resolution. Was afraid would have to buy a seperate microphone, but no need to now. High Res does slow down our connection, but we have AT&T so that could be another reason why it slows down. - Webcam - Good Price - Easy To Use - Skype'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information