Wednesday 28 September 2011

Bluetooth Headset - aliph, bluetooth headset


I have an earlier model bluetooth that I liked, but it suffered from the same problem as all bluetooths I have had so far--it would turn itself on in my pocket. This would occasionally lead to my thigh making a call to a random person or the battery draining prematurely. That has changed with this model Jawbone. I LOVE the fact that this model has a rocker switch to turn it on and off. No more turning on by mistake! It also connects to the phone much faster than any other bluetooth I've had, the moment the switch it moved, there is only a half second before it connects to the phone. Also, the pairing of the device is quick and easy. I turned it on for the first time and it was already in discovery mode, so I didn't have to hold this button and that button for X amount of seconds to get to discovery. Call quality is excellent, as expected from a jawbone. Jawbone ICON-Series Thinker Bluetooth Headset (Black)

Jawbone Rocks!



Good: Unparralleled noise cancelling technology, voice tells you how much talk time is left, great invisible style and I haven't yet tried the voice dial apps.

Better next time: I'll buy a different color, it is too easy to lose the black/white combo - this headset is beautiful and tiny, I need a different color so I can spot it better when I put it down.



I was skeptical about paying big bucks for a headset, but I was more tired of my spouse constantly griping that he could not hear me on my previous headsets (Jabra and Plantronics mid-price products). This headset is worth every penny! Noise cancelling technology is excellent. I had to take a business call in the middle of a P.F. Chang's lunch (P.F.'s is the most acoustically deafening place outside of a hammer testing factory). My callers thought I was in my office! Even hubby has stopped complaining (worth the dough just for that :) )



Comes with numerous options to attach to your ear and for me the 'in ear' one works fine and does not fall out. Love this headset - I'm Jawbone from now on!

I have owned all of the Jawbone models since the first. All are small and I have lost several. I now carry it in a separate zipper case with my phone number inside.



I had difficulty with some previous models. I never could get a comfortable fit with the wire ear loops. Later I learned to use only the rubber ear piece.



The greatest problem with previous models was the use of the pressure sensitive areas of the Jawbone. Reaching to adjust the position during a phone call would sometimes terminate the call or to turn off the Bluetooth connections. Also pressure on it in my small case would sometimes turn it "On" depleting the battery.



The redesign of the Icon has solved these problems as well as improving noise cancellation.



For me the greatest improvement has been the elimination of the pressure sensitive points.



The Icon now has a small sliding switch on the inside surface. Sliding this switch, showing a blue dot, automatically connects the Bluetooth feature of the phone. In addition, pressing a small pressure switch on the top surface next to the ear, allows a voice to announce the remaining talk time available.



Other features include a redesigned charger.



I have also found that the Icon is louder than my Nokia phone earpiece permitting easily heard phone calls in a noisy environment.



Jawbone has corrected and improved on their design to the point that I can not find any problems.

After reading some bad reviews of this product I was skeptical of purchasing it, but i'm glad I did. This version of the icon has a matte finish so it's not too flashy. The device easily paired up to my 3GS right out of the box. At first the sound was weak but after I updated it using Jawbone's updater it was way better. A2DP works wonderfully with the iphone and they just updated it and made it louder. Make sure you have a C: drive on you're computer or else the jawbone software won't be able to install. So far sound quality on both ends is very good and it works well in loud environments. I would recommend this bluetooth to any iphone owner since it has the battery meter and works with voice dialing. - Bluetooth - Icon - Aliph - Bluetooth Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information