Wednesday 28 September 2011

Flexible Keyboard - flexible keyboard, usb


I'm on my third one. I wore the first one out(not an illuminated one). It took about two years, all day every day use. The second regular one got moved to another workstation when I found this illuminated one. I would have given it an unqualified five, but it does occasionally turn its illumination on and off by itself -- a kind of whimsical quirk. It's quiet, it gets moved out of the way on my desk when I'm not using it, and I like the illumination (when it decides to let me turn on the switch). I have a piece of thin plexiglass cut to its exact size underneath it so I can slide it under my monitor easily. I am a touch typist, and a pretty fast one; but once I got used to the touch of this keyboard, I didn't have the problems other people talk about in these reviews. And, when it gets dusty and dirty, I just unplug it and go run it under the faucet to clean it, and rub it dry with a towel. Since I eat at my desk, this gets done more often than you'd imagine. Glowtype Virtually Indestructible Keyboard Illuminated Silicone Flex USB 109KEY

I can't believe the negative reviews of the Grandtec keyboards. I have been using the regular edition for over a year. It's a real steal for the current price too, I bought it locally and spent a lot more. Anyway I just ordered the glow version for another computer and it's basically the same with the glow feature added which can be turned off or on. Many times people complain about products (mice,keyboards,software,etc.) which cause all kinds of nightmares on their computers when in reality they have a messed up computer which needs to be wiped clean and windows reinstalled. That's way to much trouble for many people so they would rather put up with constant issues and curse a lot. I've used the regular edition on all three of my computers without ANY problem. A friend hooked up one of these keyboards and had it not respond at first but I advised them to simply unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in while Windows is running and from then on it worked perfectly and they also now love it as much as I do. Be warned anything this radically different will have a learning curve since it lies very flat and does have a different feel for sure. I got used to it quickly and think the pressure is designed to feel just right. Since it't made from silicone the board I've had for over a year still looks brand new and can be easily cleaned and of course is spill proof etc. I think it's kind of like the split ergo keyboards in that you have to get used to it and maybe it's a love it or hate it thing. I suspect many give up on this keyboard before giving it a chance.

I think another reviewer stated it correctly when he said you either hate it or love it. I love it, yet my partner hates it. But, my partner types at up to 170 wpm and I type at about 35-40 wpm. If you type really fast, it will slow you down, making sure you hit each key with enough pressure. But, if you are a slower typist, like me, that's not a big deal. I also like the illumination, even during the day. Much easier on the eyes. And yes, you can easily and quietly type in the dark. I would have given it 5 stars, but knocked it down one star for my partner. :)

I've beenusing this keyboard for over a month. I was looking for a totally quiet keyboard that I could use while watching TVwith my family withut annoying them with the clicking sound most eyboards mae. This is really cool because I can also use it in darkness since the keyboard glows. however, the keys are difficult to use. You have to push stright don on them with a fair amount of pressure, or they don't register. I'm a good typer and speller, but I carefully typed this paragraph without looking at my screen andyou cansee the missed keystrokes caused by this keyboard. I'll use it when I need to be quiet but otherwie I plug inmynormal non-Flex keyboard so i don'thave to correct so many typos.

I'd love to say how great this product is, but the fact that it does not work with Windows7 (64bit) makes that impossible. Win7 will not even recognize the keyboard.



I've emailed Grandtec twice with no response.



So, if you are using a legacy OS, its a nice keyboard. If you are using anything current, it is a paperweight.

I bought this keyboard even though it has received mixed reviews, and I am sorry that I did. The keys are too difficult to strike correctly; if you do not press them down directly in the middle you will not get a keystrike and instead hit a 'glancing blow' that produces no result.



And the ultmate deal breaker: The ON/OFF switch for the light is exactly where the CTRL key should be! I only used it for an hour and in that hour I must have turned the light on or off 6 times when trying to copy/paste.



Please, unless you have perfect finger control, save your money and look elsewhere for a lit/backlit keyboard.

First, I have to say that I am a hunt & peck typist, although fairly proficient. That said, I've had this keyboard for over 2 months & it's one of those rare purchases that was better than I expected. It worked perfectly, right out of the box. The dim glow (like one of those green plug-in nitelites), is unabtrusive & great for nighttime work. It's just enough light to see the the keys. I'm ordering another as a back-up, just in case, but I certainly wouldn't be ordering another as a back-up if I weren't totally impressed with the first. Now I can throw out the 3 old keyboards I've spilled things on and have held onto with the idea that someday I'd find the time to clean them out.

I had a period where I was taking care of a sick loved one, and I sought out the quietest keyboard around to use on a computer in the same room.



This has been wonderful -- quiet and easy to see in the dark. It does reduce my typing speed from about 100 wpm to about 90 wpm, but it gets better over time, once the keys have been used for a few weeks (more pliable).



No problems with the light going on and off, and I've had it for two years. I'm going to buy a second one for back-up, because this is the best keyboard I've ever had (no clicky noises! -- I can hear my music) - Usb - Keyboard - Portable - Flexible Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • keyboard
  • ,
  • flexible keyboard
  • ,
  • usb
  • ,
  • portable