Wednesday 28 September 2011

exercise mat - exercise mat


I bought this yoga mat about a month ago and have used it over a dozen times already. As soon as I got the mat in the mail I opened it, washed it with soap and water and hung it to dry for two days. This is something my teacher recommended as she says it helps because new mats tend to be less sticky and washing helps break them in faster. The first couple of times I used the mat it was still a little slippery. My hands slid out alot when I was in downward facing dog, but the mat seems to be improving with time. That's why I am waiting to write this review. I love the mat; it's breaking in very well. The thickness is really nice especially when doing boat and when rocking on the spine...I don't feel the floor and therefore no pain. The extra length is also nice...it gives me more room. All in all it's a great mat, and for the price it's even better. And I loved the color selection. I went with burgandy and my unique color sticks out in class...helps me find my mat if I leave the room and come back, and it also helps me in the locker room when there are 3 dozen women with mats (mostly pink I might add). Great mat, highly recommended...just give it time to get broken in! EverythingYoga Ultra Yoga Mat - Dark Blue [Misc.]

I really enjoy this mat. It was my first yoga mat so I wasn't sure what to expect. If you're trying to decide which one to get as your first, you won't be disappointed with this one! It's thick, well-made, pretty (I leave mine out in my work out room all the time), and it's a GOOD size. I'm a plus size woman (for now) and I find it's plenty big enough. I'm also 5'8'' and think the length of it is great. I didn't think it would make much of a difference (it is on carpet anyway), but it did. Not only does it make a mental difference to have my own little area to do my stretches, but it just makes stretches better for some reason!

It really is thick, thicker than most of the mats I see in my yoga class. And, I feel really comfortable when using it. It arrived in a timely manner and the colors are true: they look, in person, just like they do on screen.

I purchased two mats: one for me and one for my sweetie. I thought I could place my mat in my top load washer, but that turned out to be a bad idea. The company replaced my mat, just asking that I pay shipping. I greatly appreciated the offer, and I will definitely purchase from them again.



Now, in terms of the mat, they are very thick mats and are very comfortable when practicing yoga. (My cats even like to rest on my mat.) They are sticky and have good traction. My hands did start to slip a little during class, but it was very warm (over 85 degrees) and I was quite sweaty. Using a towel to dry my hands helps combat the slipping.



If you purchase this mat, you will not be disappointed. It is a comfortable mat. Plus, they offer a yellow mat which is such a bright, happy color for a yoga mat. Moreover, the customer service is awesome.

I read all of the reviews for this product and was really excited to get a mat so I could stop using loaners and then it came and yes it smelled bad and I didn't really care but then I went to use it and it is ridiculously slippery. Someone mentioned that it was slightly slippery but in comparison to the loaner (maybe that was just a really good mat?) this was horrible. I could hardly stay in downward dog because my hands and feet kept slipping. So yes it's comfortable but who cares if you can't stay on it?

This mat is very comfortable and has just the right tackiness to prevent sliding duing yoga postures. It's not as wide as I would have liked, but that is my own fault for not reading the dimensions before purchasing. Overall, I would highly recommend this mat or another similar mat from the same company.

I tried using this mat once, and the smell was overpowering... chemical rubbery smell. I have since aired it outside for several days, scrubbed it with warm soapy water and hosed it off. It still has a strong smell. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use it.. My other yoga mat did not smell at all...

This yoga mat is long, adequate width and reasonably thick. Not great padding but okay on a carpet or rug. I wouldn't purchase again because it has a very strong unpleasant rubbery/synthetic odor. I washed it and left it outside for a week to air out the off-gassing and it didn't help...

This yoga mat gets a little slippery if your hands aren't completely dry or if you're sweaty, although it has gotten better the more I have used it. It is thick enough that I don't need additional padding for any shapes, and the plastic smell was not nearly as bad as my previous mat, which took months to dissipate.

I have received my order in a time manner and without a problem. I am very satisfied with my purchase. It's an excellent yoga mat for beginners. It provides good cushion, length and variety of colors. All I had to do was open the package immediately upon arrival, wash it with cold water only and hang for 48 hours to allow it to dry completely and get rid off any smell residue.

If you are considering getting yourself a yoga mat I highly recommend this one to start with. - Exercise Mat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information