Thursday 29 September 2011

Interconnects - interconnects, usb printer cable


This cable was to replace my external hard drive USB cable (since it was tossed out by accident) and performs extremely well.



What I wanted:



- Male to Male standard size USB cable

- 2.0 speeds

- Flexible cable (no unnecessary stiffness)

- Secure connections that hold tight



What I got:



- All of the above StarTech.com 6 feet Beige A to A USB 2.0 Cable - M/M

There was a well-ranked review that said this worked for data transfer. It does not! Google a little and every how-to for transferring files will say that a simple M-M USB cable is insufficient. You need something with a chip in the middle.



Probably fine for getting a USB hub connected or whatever.

I just bought a laptop (Dell) and needed to connect it to my desktop. Other uses would include a camera, GPS unit, printer, etc. or anything that uses this kind of USB port. I can't believe how inexpensive this cable is! It's two male USB ends and six feet in length (plenty). It is only $1.40 (plus $2.98) for shipping. 'StarTech' makes every kind of cable or connection imaginable. This same cable is about $20 at my local Best Buy store. If you look around Amazon.com for these kinds of items, you can always find a really good deal. You will pay anywhere from $2.98 and upwards to over $10 in shipping, but the final cost is still a bargain. Besides, Amazon.com has a `no questions asked' return policy and they pay for return shipping!

These are difficult to find in brick and mortar stores where I live. I had to pay more than I thought I should when shipping was included, but I had to have one.



Shipping was prompt and the cable works fine.

Gone are the days when I have to pay a premium price at a big box store for an ordinary everyday USB to USB cable. These cables are every bit as good as far as I can tell and they cost a fraction of what you would pay at a Best Buy or other electronics store. This cable is great for connecting cameras, GPS units, hubs, printer, or any peripheral that uses the USB male to male connector. The 6 feet is a nice length and they stay plugged into the computer and other device snugly without falling out.



If you are looking for a cable for data transfer, like from one computer to another, you need this type of cable: USB 2.0 DirectLink PC to PC Data Transfer Cable This type doesn't work for data transfer.



Why spend upwards of $20 for something that you can get here for just a few dollars?

This product was as advertised, very reasonably priced, performed as I expected, was promptly shipped, and was shipped at a very reasonable shipping cost. A similar product I found at Staples was priced several times as much as this product was. A very positive A+++ transaction!!!!

Bought it to use in data transfer from a Compaq manufactured in 2000 to a HP Pavilion Elite manufactured last month. Nothing happened. The Pavilion recorded nothing or indicated nothing in Win 7. I noticed this cable is not advertised as USB 2.0.

I bought this USB cable to connect my digital frame to my computer and expected that I can move the photos from PC to digital frames. It didn't work. I guess that i need a drive or something. the cable itself can be plugged in very easy. And the price is worth to try. - Usb Printer Cable - Interconnects - Usb - Usb Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information