Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cable Signal Booster - cable signal booster, antenna amplifier


I always thought passive 3-way splitters had two -7.5db taps and one -3.5 tap. But Monster implies that all three taps on this unit have the same -5.7 loss. In addition, one tap is labeled "Power pass out". I know this is used by inline amplifiers on satellite systems, but it would be nice if the packaging explained this feature.



The only specs I could find are below from Monster's site.



"The DB Loss per output is:

TGHZ-2RF 5MHz-1GHz: -3.4dB 1GHz- 2GHz: -4.9dB

TGHZ-3RF 5MHz-1GHz: -5.7dB 1GHz- 2GHz: -8.9dB

TGHZ-4RF 5MHz-1GHz: -7.4dB 1GHz- 2GHz: -9.6dB"



So I like the look and performance of this in my system, but I wish Monster would provide more documentation and explain why this unit is different from the other 2 ghz splitters on the market. Two Gigahertz Low-Loss RF Splitters for TV & Satellite MKII - 3 Way 2 GigaHertz RF Splitter

I purchased this splitter under the assumption it was a low-loss splitter that would help improve the signal level to my digital tuner. It turns out it actually decreased my signal from -6dbi to -12dbi. This level of signal loss is unacceptable.

Prior to this unit I bought a cheaper splitter from a well known company and it worked like crap by giving me poor quality signals. I bought this and my HD cable and cable internet split fine. I like it and it's really that simple. You do get what you pay for folks.

Previously had Time Warner's splitter, which was 900mHz, and after I replaced with this new one, I didn't see any difference. I have an HD receiver, and having the higher flow rate didn't make enough of a difference to justify the price. Save yourself the money from this product. - Signal Booster - Cable Signal Booster - Antenna Amplifier - Cable Splitter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information