Sunday 25 September 2011

Childrens Art Supplies - art supply kit, art kit


I have to chuckle a little at the reviews that complained about this not being the "high quality expected" or "smaller than expected"; what the heck does one expect as "high quality" for $22?? Even if this was $25-$30 it's still a nice collection of art supplies. I got this for myself to add to my other art supplies (of mostly pastels & color pencils) to get back into drawing again and I find nothing negative about it at all. The wood case is sturdy and nothing falls out of the plastic holders inside; the size of the case is just right for toting along to school or where ever you're going to be drawing.



The only teensy-tiny thing I didn't like was the large product label that was glued to the wood on the outside. It took quite a bit of elbow-grease to get the four glue spots off, but I finally got it clean with some Glue-Gone which didn't damage the wood at all.



Overall, I would definitely recommend this drawing set to anyone just starting out or getting back into drawing or watercolor painting. It's a very good value. :o) Darice 80-Piece Professional Art Set

Like the others mentioned, good quality, nice case, plenty of items in it. Got this for my 9yr old daughter who loves to draw and she's more than happy with it. I am a fairly picky buyer especially around quality on amazon products, and this certainly met the mustard. If you are a total art expert and require some very high-end or specific things, then maybe you're best buying your items at an art store individually... but for the rest of us this is great!

I purchased this art set for my daughter. She is in high school and taking an art class, and finds that this set suits her needs very well. If she continues persuing art into college, we may need to purchase a more 'professional' set... but for the moment this is above and beyond what she needed as far as quality is concerned. The colored pencils are very rich, and the case is very well made. She takes it back and forth to school with her and has no worries about the handle breaking or the case possibly failing on her. I definitely recommend this product.

I received this set as a well meaning gift from someone who knew I was an artist thinking it would be the perfect gift for me. While the quality is definitely far below the quality I use and would buy for myself it isn't all that horrible either. Well, except for the brushes. Give the brushes to a young child to use with their watercolors and poster paints.



Generally, I use the watercolors and color pencils when I'm doing quick drawings and sketches to add a bit of color. And all the products on one thing or another when working out ideas so I'm not using up my better products at the idea stage of things. There are pieces I actually think of as finished art after using these products, along with other more expensive art supplies.



It's a rather nice set for a Junior or Senior High School student who is a budding artist as well as the beginning adult hobbyist. Not bad for the seasoned artist to use when working out ideas or to add color to quick sketches or doodles.



If you think buying this set at this price is going to give you the same sort of products like Prismacolor or Derwent pencils, Winsor Newton Cotman Watercolors, and Holbein Artist's Oil Pastel then you are madder than a hatter and residing on the wrong side of the looking glass. - Art Kit - Art Set - Art Supply Kit - Art Supply Set'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information