Wednesday 28 September 2011

Brad Nailers - woodworking, nailers


I bought the BN125A at the same time that I bought the 16 gauge. At the time I saw the price on the 18 and figured, it was a good idea to have both. At a later date, I discovered the BN200A, and that was an 18 gauge brad nailer as well, and accepted the 3/4" to 2" size nails. The BN125A accepts 5/8" to 1 1/4". For only a few dollars more, I thought I should have gotten the 200A. After all, when was I going to need a 5/8" size brad instead of a 3/4" one. Then I read a great book on cabinet making, and the author stated that he saves a lot of time, and doesn't need a million clamps, by putting a 5/8" brad in the back side of the raised panel joint between the rail and stile, then frees up his clamps for the next one. The glue sets up without movement because of the twin 5/8" brad holding them together. Most raised panels are made from 3/4" stock, so a 3/4" brad would show on the face. The brad goes in with a little countersink, so it is too large for that purpose. I guess it is a good example of, instead of saying yeah this, and boo that, say, "I like them both" Now I am starting to wonder when I will ever need an 18 gauge brad that is 2" long. Sure enough I will come across a need at some point. Maybe when I can, I will pick up one of those too. The tool is lightweight, feels good in your hands, and is well built. Definitely does what it is supposed to do, and does it well. Porter-Cable BN200B 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer

I've owned this model of brad nailer for over 1 1/2 years now and have been very pleased with it. I'm not a professional, so I don't use it on a daily basis, but I never had a problem with it. It has never jammed on me either. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product to anyone.

I've had my Brad Nailer for about 8 months now and used it on several projects (including finishing my basement shop). It has never jammed, can power small brads thru red oak with no problem and it runs on only 80 lbs of pressure so my 4 gallon compressor has no problem keeping up. I use it in conjunction with my 2 1/2" Porter-Cable Finish Nailer and between the two, I have yet to find a a nailing situation I couldn't handle. This tool will continue to see plenty of action in my shop.

I purchased this particular item because of its better range of brad sizes it can handle, and the Porter Cable name, good reviews, etc.



I have been using this nailer quite often, and am now left with several boxes of finish nails I will likely never use again. No more getting the nailsets out to bury a finish nail down on a piece of trim, etc.



The options for using this are endless. Just last night, I needed to make a couple wood boxes to hold scrap in my workshop area, and had some scrap 3/8" plywood, perfect for the boxes. Using this nailer, I could quickly apply a little glue, between corners of the box, and shoot a couple brads in and done. Can't do that with finish nails on plywood without splitting out alot.



Great tool, highly recommended, easy to handle.

I own many Porter-Cable tools. They have never failed or disappointed me.



I have an older version of this Porter-Cable nailer and it's a great nailer even after shooting well over 5,000 nails. Of all the tools in my shop, it's one of my favorites. Indispensible for woodworking and trim.

My first brad nailer was a no-name cheapo that shot maybe 100 nails before it was trash.



I purchased this one as a gift.

I ordered my brad nailer to save time on glue ups. When I was a kid in wood shop, my teacher used to criticize Norm for gluing, and nailing. I understand now why Norm does it. It basically frees you up in order to continue working, instead of all the down dry time!! Not to mention that tacking a part with a brad, so you can use the other hand to even tighten a clamp.

I was concerned to read that P/C tells you to only use P/C nails in their owners manual, after I had bought some B&C nails, but no problems, it fires them also!!! I am very satisfied with my brad nailer, and of course Amazon. Keep up the great customer service!!!

I teach woodshop. This is my fourth Porter Cable brad nailer. They all still work, they are safe, and I have never had one jam. Incredible? I think so too. Regarding nailers, I'll never buy anything except Porter Cable.

Once again a PC tool that works as advertised. Easy to use right out of the box. I was using it in seconds. I would have given it five(5) stars except the Instruction Manual has some misprints. You wont need it anyway. Be sure to call them to get the "free" bottom fire trigger. I'm not sure why they dont include it in the first place. (maybe some legal/safety reasons?)

I am very impressed with this brad nailer. I tried different lengths of brads on different woods and everything worked great. I had no problem driving the brads all the way into the wood or by make a simple change to the depth adjustment, I could leave the heads up. The case is nice as well. - Woodworking - Nailers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information