Sunday 25 September 2011

High Definition - 3d, hdmi


I bought this TV about a week ago and was a little depressed when I hooked it up to my provider because I had yet to call an order my HD, the picture was good, but not great. I called the next morning, ordered the HD, flipped on ESPN and was absolutley dazzled. The picture is crisp, clear, vibrant, and just looks uttlerly amazing. I am not a big 3D fan, so the basic model was more than enough for me, and for the price, the value is amazing. Regarding glare, I have read prior reviews that this is a problem with LG tvs, I have mine in a basment with windows so there is quite a bit of light andi was worried, but much to my delight ,the is glare is very minimal. As far as the menu and adjustments they are both very easy to use, I just keep the itelligent sensor on most of the time and it provides a very accurate picture, sometimes a tad too dark, but usually its right on. Sound is also decent from what I can remeber for the first night, but I have soundbar hooked up so I havent experiences too much on that. BUY THIS TV, you will LOVE IT! LG 60PV450 60-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

I am very happy with my new TV. The price is great and so is the picture quality. I use a stereo sound system for the sound so cannot rate the sound. These is a little glare, but no more than I had with my old rear projection HD tv. In fact, there is less glare. I was very pleased that my Harmony remote was very easy to set up with this tv. I have programmed 4 tvs now with the Harmony and this was by far the easiest. I did not need the internet apps because I have a PS3. The movies on the PS3 are great. Also, I had not interest in 3D. So if you do not need those extras, I highly recommend this TV. By the way, the Tv has 3 HDMI's. One is on the side and 2 in the rear. If you look at the manual on line, it shows an "S" video outlet. It does not have the "S" video outlet.

I just bought this TV from amazon.com yesterday and spent most of today with it. Here are my top of mind comments, hopefully they can be helpful to others considering this HDTV.



PROS:

+ A Good Value. The price/screen ratio - as well as the features - are simply unmatched (especially compared to LED/LCDS of a similar size).



+ Picture Quality. The picture quality is also very good. Vibrant colors, easy to adjust picture with advanced user controls. Only took me about 5 minutes of tinkering to find a setting that works well.



+ Thinner than most plasmas of late. This HDTV is pretty thin and many will be surprised it's a plasma (it looks more like LCD/LED thin, which is a good thing).



+ Highly rated Quality/Reliability. I checked out the latest consumer reports ratings and LG - along with Panasonic - receive the highest ratings in terms of quality and reliability in the plasma TV space.





CONS:



- Glare. No surprise here if you've read the other reviews on this site and elsewhere. But I do want to put this into context. It's not a deal breaker, it's more of an occasional distraction. Let me explain:



My TV is in my living room which has two big windows, one on each side of the TV. With the blinds mostly closed, glare is only occasionally a problem when the tv has an bright image, but in darker scenes, if you look closely, you CAN often see your reflection in the TV. (I have only a wall behind me, no lights).



Most of the time this is not a big deal but this can be kinda distracting if the movie you're watching is dark. I find myself having to close my blinds completely - even during the day - if I want to completely eliminate the glare - something I've NEVER had to do with my 50" Panasonic Viera plasma (2009) also with no anti-reflective screen. This is why i dropped one star from the otherwise stellar HDTV.



BOTTOM LINE:



Would I have re-bought this TV if I could do it all over again? Yes. But with two caveats:



1. If they had put an anti-reflective screen on this TV it would have been one of the best TV's in the value space. As it stands, I'd rate this tv in the 85th/90th percentile for this size and price. The glare really is the only issue, and as issues go, it's a pretty minor fault espcially since it can be resolved by controlling the light in your room.



2. I kinda wish I had upgraded to the LG model with the built in netflix (LG PZ550). I currently use my ps3 for netflix streaming but only recently learned my ps3 (original) uses 197 watts to stream, versus just using the HDTV (no additional power needed) or apple tv (6 watts) or roku 2 (at 2-4 watts). This would have saved me money over time in energy savings. Something I wish I had considered with this TV.

I just purchased this tv and let me tell you I am pleasantly surprised. It has a slim bezel and looks great. I have noticed that you can see a huge difference in quality in HD programing. Watching ABC and from one hd commercial to another there can be a big difference. At least with my rear projection 60" Sony Bravia it was not as noticeable. I am very impressed. It only has 2 hdmi's but that is all I need. This tv is a great bang for your buck.

I debated for awhile on what type of TV to purchase. Ultimately I decided to purchase a plasma. I had read hundreds of reviews about how good panasonic was, but I had seen them side by side with a samsung and an LG, and in my opinion the LG and samsung had a better picture. I was wanting the samsung but the one I was looking at had been discontinued and the replacement was quite a bit more expensive. I started looking at this model and last years and it had great reviews. This was a bit larger than I had been looking at also.



The TV has an amazing picture. I cannot comment on the sound cause I've had it hooked up to our surround sound since day 1. But I love this TV and would recommend it to anyone that asked. HD programming looks great and blu-rays are amazing. I would consider this one of my best purchases ever. - Hdmi - 3d - 240hz - Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information