Monday 26 September 2011

Outdoor Speakers - awesome speakers, speakers


These are great speakers. My husband put them up over the weekend and wow what spectacular sound. It was packaged well and came with all the mounting necessities. We love listening to 50's jazz and the crispness of the cymbals and the brushes on the snare give you chills. Never again will we go back to large bulky speakers. These are on the wall and out of the way. The seller got them to us quickly and we want to thank you Amazon for being there yet again. Sincerely, The Escondio Macs Yamaha NS-AW150W 2-Way Outdoor Speakers (Pair, White)

After doing a ton of research on outdoor speakers, I finally settled on these Yamahas, mainly because the price was so ridiculously low ($59.95 for the pair, including mounting hardware) that I felt I couldn't go wrong, especially since my next choice (Polk) would have cost me nearly twice as much.



I mounted these babies on the back wall of my house, about four feet apart, just under the eave, so that they pointed out at the deck. Although the mounting brackets are included, Yamaha does NOT include any screws to secure these brackets to the wall. I ended up using some 2-1/2 inch long wood screws...but your application may differ depending on how or with what your house is sided.



Yamaha also does NOT include speaker cable. I used some cheap 12-gauge stuff from Best Buy but 14 or 16-gauge lamp cord (also known as zip cord) from any hardware store will work just as well. Seeing as the speakers will be outside, I don't recommend the usual cheap, thin speaker cable that you normally see. Use the heavy stuff.



I hooked the Yamahas up to a Marantz 2240B receiver from the '70s and good God almighty, the sound is absolutely fantastic! Bass, you ask? The bass was so powerful, I had to turn the loudness control OFF! It seems that the location of the speakers up by the eave serves to reinforce the bass quite well, thank you.



Midrange comes through great. Both male and female vocals, as well as rock band stuff, is crystal clear. Nice highs as well. This system sounded so good that we ended up sitting outside until well after dark.



For something to sound as good as these speakers do, for as little money as I had to shell out, is absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended.

I read the excellent reviews for these speakers and was skeptical. However, the price was right so there wasn't much risk. So . . . I bought a pair. The reviews were spot on. They sound is terrific, the price was unbeatable, and look is very acceptable (even to my Interior Designer wife). Unless you are an audio perfectionist, you'll never get a better price/performance value.

When I first pulled these out of the box, I was disapointed at how light in weight the speakers were. Lets face it, small magnets, small sound. Instead of drilling holes in the wall I bought wall tracking at Home Depot that allows you to run wire thru it, concealing the wire & sticks to the wall. Drilled a small hole in the corner of the window and ran the wires outside(16 gauge speaker wire). Hung them at 10ft, spread about 15ft apart. The receiver in the house had to be placed on the "2 Channel" setting (stereo only) for them to work (did not work on Multiple Channel Setting). When I fired them up I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE SOUND. Excellent quality for the price. Tweeters are crisp, bass is just strong enough. The tracking from home Depot was just barely good enough to keep the wife from barking. You will be very pleased with these speakers.

these speakers look exactly as they appear in the photos. They have a clean, simple stylish design. They sound as good as we can expect for a speaker of the size enclosure. Maybe they sound even better than average. Mounting was as easy as 2 screws (not supplied) in the supplied brackets. There are several mounting options. The only negative is that the mounting brackets are 2 direction hinges and not swivel. No big deal, I knew that when I purchased.

I purchased this item several weeks ago for my deck. Easy to mount and sounds clear. Since then there has been heavy rain storms. Even after the speakers were soaked from all the rain, I pumped the music to them expecting them to sizzle and WOW! I heard music! The music that came out sounded great! Just like new. Great Speakers and can withstand the test of my loud outdoor parties.

i purchased this item over 1 yr ago and now i can review them correctly i set them up on our porch up under the eves i wired them with "monster wire" less distortion than other wires based on past exp.

they produce a great sound throught the whole front yard when i am out there its clean crisp and very clear they have held up very well look and act as new i would highly reccomend thease to anyone

and also the system i have them on is a high powered yamaha component system with amplifier and lots of extras i only mention this to say they work very well even in a "high powered" system unlike many others that can not take the watts from the amp..

These are excellent speakers for the price. I have purchased Niles Audio & Boston Acoustics for considerably more and these have a similar build quality with good sound. Yamaha includes plenty of extras in the box for horizontal, vertical or tabletop mounting. Great speakers - highly recommend and will purchase again.

Most of the reviews say the same thing, but I figured I'd say it again. Speakers sound great for the price, right out of the box and I'm going directly from my receiver with 50 feet of outdoor speaker wire from Radio Shack to the speakers out on my deck...the only thing missing is a little more bass...but overall, you can't beat 'em. - Awesome Speakers - White - Yamaha - Speakers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information