Sunday 25 September 2011

Cell Phone Cover - droid, red case


I've been through three protective cases in nine months for my Droid. The first two eventually wore out so the tabs would not keep them attached to the Droid. One wasn't rubberized as it said on the ad, but it was a hard plastic case and protected well until the tabs gave way. With this one I decided to live on the edge and get someting besides black. You're never quite sure what you will get until it shows up, but this was exactly what I expected. Great color, (matches my new Honda Civic) and it is rubberized. In the couple months I've been using it, it is working and looking great. Added bonus, it costs less than most of the others I found online. Cellet Red Rubberized Proguard For Motorola Droid A855

I had to wait 2 days before I could stomach putting the case onto my phone. The initial smell was horrible (combination of rubber and spray paint). For the first week, I had to wash my hands after touching my phone or this odor would remain on my hands.



Also within the first week, the outer coating of the paint began to peel. I find tiny shavings of plastic left behind where my phone has been. It's taken a month, but the entire front case and the top and bottom edges of the back case now look a different color than the rest of the surfaces.



At first, the case fit very well. It was easy to slip on and stayed in place. All buttons and ports are easy to access. I have had no trouble with phone functions with this case on. I've slipped it off and on dozens of time with easy.



Now after a month, he front cover is starting to stretch. When I swipe side to side the outer edges of the front case bow. There's just enough room to collect dust between the cover and the face of my phone. It still remains intact and stays on tight during normal use. The phone functions are not harmed. However when I carry my phone inside a bag, the face cover comes off every time and has since about the first week.



PROS:

Price

Initial fit

Easy access to all ports and buttons



CONS:

Smell

Paint peeling

Case beginning to stretch

Questionable longevity

This cover does not fit the original droid, which it states that it does. The back fits ok, but the front pops off easily, making it even easier to drop and break your phone! Plus, the front cover does not look like the picture, it has 3 extra holes at the top which makes it look very cheap. Do not buy this cover, you will waste your money!

I found that the texture of the case was pretty cheap and made of plastic. Although the picture looks decent, the cover looks pretty ugly in real life. It was a waste of my money. And, I really was not satisfied with this product at all.

Case did not fit, only the bottom half did. The top would not fit over the screen side of the A855. Ended up snapping the case trying to get it to fit. Best option is to order original OEM case from Verizon Wireless. This case is a generic case and will not fit.

It is in no way rubber, it has an incredibly thin layer of what feels like rubber, but I think its just the final coat of paint which by the way does look very nice, but it isnt all that durable. I have owned this exact one before but in black and it lasted about 3 weeks before it broke, if you're looking for something temporary then this will work fine. Dont get this if you absolutley want %100 rubber or something permanent, and ignore the reviews that say this truly is rubber, because those reviews are the ones I based my decision on....and well look where it got me.

I received this item promptly and it was a wonderful metallic rubberized plastic. The bottom slipped on like a dream. The top, however, was about one quarter to one half inch too small. It is obviously not the top designed for this phone. A quick glance at the two pieces makes it abundantly clear that they are mismatched. I don't know if this is a quality control issue or a terrible product overall. The cost of shipping it back is not worth the price of the product so I will have to eat the loss and vow to stay away from this seller. - Cell Phone Cover - Case - Droid - Red Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • cell phone cover
  • ,
  • droid
  • ,
  • red case
  • ,
  • case